Scriptless vlogging?

AshleyisaSuperhero

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey, there. I am a reletively new vlogger trying to find my voice. I usually script my vlogs, but a few times I went in unscripted and actually was really pleased with the results.

Is there anyone out there who prefers scriptless vlogging? Is it easier/harder to edit? Do you get a better viewer response?

Let me know. --Ashley

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Usually it is easier for a person to script their vlogs when they are just starting out. Camera shyness can make everything you've wanted to say just disappear in an instant :). For me, I usually script my videos so I remember exactly what I want to say and so I don't leave anything out. And also so I don't waste 45 seconds just staring blankly at the camera trying to think of what to say next.

The one thing I like about scriptless vloggers is that you can tell they aren't reading at all.

Of course, you'll learn to not vlog in your 'reading voice' when you do script but it just comes easier scriptless.

I don't know what I'm getting at.

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
I usually do my vlogs scriptless due to the fact I don't want to seem fake by looking at a paper or something else other than the camera the whole time.
However, if you have a lot to say, it's easier to write it out first so you don't forget or miss anything.

RogueNinja

Reviewer, no longer gaming :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
iv never scripted my vlogs or reviews, better things can happen when its random :D

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey, I subscribed to your channel, it seems awesome. Now to answer your question, I'm sure the majority of big vloggers script their videos from Shane Dawson to VlogBrothers but it's the 'performance' and how they sell themselves that make it almost impossible to tell. I find it easier when I can write out points that I want to make, it just makes the recording process a bit easier for me.

NerdzSquared

Super Poster
Reaction score
Hi Ashley..

I often have a basic idea as to what I want to talk about, and then ramble on about that.
Once you edit, it is much easier to cut the stuff you don't need

Great channel!

Reactions: Vicboss

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, there. I am a reletively new vlogger trying to find my voice. I usually script my vlogs, but a few times I went in unscripted and actually was really pleased with the results.

Is there anyone out there who prefers scriptless vlogging? Is it easier/harder to edit? Do you get a better viewer response?

Let me know. --Ashley
i know of people who script there vlogs and it works out for them,but i never do i just find it easier to say what i gotta say!

EDIT

Just saw one of your videos lol ok your good just keep doing what your doing! i like your energy!

Reactions: Stef

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I think it's what the vlog calls for. I couldn't script a vlog if I tried, I'd have a script and then get out on some tangent and never come back lol. I think it depends on the person. Some people need to gather their thoughts, some people just need to wing it, some people need to do a bit of both. I wouldn't commit to either, just do what feels right for each vlog.

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's what the vlog calls for. I couldn't script a vlog if I tried, I'd have a script and then get out on some tangent and never come back lol. I think it depends on the person. Some people need to gather their thoughts, some people just need to wing it, some people need to do a bit of both. I wouldn't commit to either, just do what feels right for each vlog.
haha i hear ya even if i did script it something tells me the final video would look nothing like the script cause i'd say whatever on my mind at the time haha