Scripting Characters Problem

CraiSko

Crai-Freakin-Sko
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
im working on a script for my we series..
basically i want him to come across a certain way and seem different from other characters..
(im going for a nathan fillion from firefly kinda character)

but when i do my scripts it just seems like normal conversation im typing ..

is there a particular way you need to type to get across how characters should be ?
or is it all in the direction and how they are told to act?

any comments welcome ^^ thanks x

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it's safe to say that any character you make needs to be unique and not based on a certain person. Of course you can use certain traits from someone but to make the character believable you need to be able to create a back story for him.

Think about questions like where he is from? What does he do? His parents background? His family story? What he looks like? How he acts in different situations?

If I am creating a character I tend to start off with the basics of where I want the character to go and then build from the bottom up. Most of the time I dont even have a name for the character until I have workshopped some ideas until I find something that fits. The first draft of your character will never be the end up the way you think of him in your head because you will always have a better idea during the creation process.

You should take a look at one of 'soundlyawakes' videos where he explained where his characters came from. Most of them evolved into different characters up to this point.

Reactions: CraiSko and skenkee

skenkee

Mr. Blue
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Create a backstory of each charactor. Give the actor time to get into his role. Types of music can also help.
How does he walk. Let the actor walk around until he walks correctly. Etc
You don't just give an actor a script and shoot. They also need time to get into the role they need to play.