Script Writing Techniques?

FromRobbie

Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello folks :)
I do a couple of videos that have scripts. My main videos are vlogs in which I never have a script and just talk from mind :D

However, for the scripted videos I do (mostly specials), I was wondering on how people went around writing scripts? Any techniques?

FromRobbie

Reactions: ForeverAlonePrick

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use evernote, which I have on my phone. Throughout the week I jot down small notes/ideas about the one specific video. I literally write out everything that I want to say.

For ideas, as a journalism student I always have to keep a lookout subconsciously for neat/interesting things, and then I turn it into hilarity.

Reactions: FromRobbie

FromRobbie

Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use evernote, which I have on my phone. Throughout the week I jot down small notes/ideas about the one specific video. I literally write out everything that I want to say.

For ideas, as a journalism student I always have to keep a lookout subconsciously for neat/interesting things, and then I turn it into hilarity.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's a great service. Very reliable and I love the way it works. Cross platform syncing and everything. I love it ^.^

FromRobbie

Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's a great service. Very reliable and I love the way it works. Cross platform syncing and everything. I love it ^.^
Awesome :D That will help considering I use my PC to write but also use my iPhone and iPad too :D

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't script, but when I make a vlog arguing a perspective, I make a rough outline about what the major things I want to do are. I guess do that: outline. That way, while writing a part of the video, you can keep in mind your ultimate goal, and keep it a consistent narrative. That's my suggestiong!

FromRobbie

Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't script, but when I make a vlog arguing a perspective, I make a rough outline about what the major things I want to do are. I guess do that: outline. That way, while writing a part of the video, you can keep in mind your ultimate goal, and keep it a consistent narrative. That's my suggestiong!
I don't script my vlog either. What the script is for is the short film specials I am doing like my Halloween one. (http://tiny.cc/fromrobbiehalloween)

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Celtx is a free and open source scriptwriting software, but I find it just as easy to use Notepad++, also free. I use the following format, which is somewhat standard.

CHARACTER NAME
(Some action or Expression)
This is the line that the character says

2ND CHARACTER
Another line of dialogue