Script Writing Pointers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Im looking for some pointers for script writing, i used to just wing it and talk from the top of my head, but in my last couple of videos i've either scripted or had a plan. All i want is some tips to make a gripping script! Thanks for your time, Connor!

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
My scripting starts in my head with how I'm going to present certain parts. If I have dialogue for what I want to say, I will jot it down as such. I will write down main points I'm going to cover, but in no particular order. The point is just try to get everything you want to cover.

After I have what I believe is everything, I order those points how I think they should be. Stuff plays through my head, and I'll write some dialogue down if it comes up.

Even with a script, I improv most of it. The reason is that I don't want it to sound scripted, and it's also more challenging. I myself don't like videos that sound scripted, and like stuff that sounds more natural. The main point of my script is to make sure I cover everything.

BlandMark

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I studied Scriptwriting for Film and Television at University. I had a great time and it did teach me some things, but there's only so much these types of things can do. I write in a way that probably isn't considered proper. I start with lots of random ideas/lines/scenes and the plot comes later. Not a very professional way of doing things. But that's the joy of YouTube. Creative control.

Experiment with different levels of script-improv.

Don't be afraid of putting a video up, leaving it for a week, then returning to see if you still like it. If you don't then remove it and work on the bits that you think need improving. Writing is re-writing and all that...

Reactions: OldManTenno