Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Script? Or jotting notes down?

Discussion in 'Scripts, Script Writing, Video Ideas & Planning' started by jd_techsetupgear, Jan 12, 2017.

1. jd_techsetupgear
    Cash:
    $69
    Hey guys, I wanted to see what you all find the most effective for your videos. Do you write a full script? Or jot some notes down as point to discuss? I'm curious because I take multiple reshoots for my videos trying to be more concise in my videos and just wanted to see what works for you guys.

2. SvenInMotion
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $142
    I make animations and I write scripts for them. But during the recording part I change it up a bit, up to about 10-20%.

3. jd_techsetupgear
    Cash:
    $69
    Yeah that's what I feel like would end up happening if I tried using a script. Thanks for the reply!

SvenInMotion likes this.
  4. Messages:
    Cash:
    $6
    When making a Q&A type video, I write a full response to every question, then improvise the rest.... but most of my other vlogs are just improvised on the spot. I sometimes write a few notes but I usually end up ignoring them.

5. jd_techsetupgear
    Cash:
    $69
    Yeah I usually find some side notes to glance back over to make sure I didn't miss anything. I guess it all depends on what kind of video you're making at the moment.

6. StraightUpIrish
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $102
    I always used a script but I find that sometimes I come off as very robotic :p so I am going to try bullet points now. Its structural but still has some freedom.

7. jd_techsetupgear
    Cash:
    $69
    Yeah that's how I feel, certain videos I need a script because I need the organization otherwise yeah I'm starting to find bullet points really effective

8. FRANKIEandEMILY
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $63
    we usually do nothing and let it fly. we talk back and forth about things we should try for a specific shot, but it depends on the video. 99% of the time it's all organic. 1% of time we talk about "don't forget to say this" to each other, which is mostly like highlighting a video or upcoming series

9. GrimPeter
    Cash:
    $33
    Definitely depends on your genre. For comedy sketches I prefer a full script of what I am going to say (I am a much better writer than speaker) but for current hot topics I just make some bullet points. Vlogs in nature should be unscripted, so if I ever get into that genre I will go natural. I think video game let's plays should be unscripted, but voice overs should be scripted. Just my opinion of course. :wink2:

10. MutantCreeper36
    Cash:
    $40
    Just jot down a brief script if you think it is necessary other than that just go off what you think sounds right.