Script? Or jotting notes down?

jd_techsetupgear

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hey guys, I wanted to see what you all find the most effective for your videos. Do you write a full script? Or jot some notes down as point to discuss? I'm curious because I take multiple reshoots for my videos trying to be more concise in my videos and just wanted to see what works for you guys.

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I make animations and I write scripts for them. But during the recording part I change it up a bit, up to about 10-20%.

Reaction score
When making a Q&A type video, I write a full response to every question, then improvise the rest.... but most of my other vlogs are just improvised on the spot. I sometimes write a few notes but I usually end up ignoring them.

jd_techsetupgear

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah I usually find some side notes to glance back over to make sure I didn't miss anything. I guess it all depends on what kind of video you're making at the moment.

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I always used a script but I find that sometimes I come off as very robotic :p so I am going to try bullet points now. Its structural but still has some freedom.

jd_techsetupgear

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I always used a script but I find that sometimes I come off as very robotic :p so I am going to try bullet points now. Its structural but still has some freedom.
Yeah that's how I feel, certain videos I need a script because I need the organization otherwise yeah I'm starting to find bullet points really effective

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
we usually do nothing and let it fly. we talk back and forth about things we should try for a specific shot, but it depends on the video. 99% of the time it's all organic. 1% of time we talk about "don't forget to say this" to each other, which is mostly like highlighting a video or upcoming series

GrimPeter

Reaction score
Definitely depends on your genre. For comedy sketches I prefer a full script of what I am going to say (I am a much better writer than speaker) but for current hot topics I just make some bullet points. Vlogs in nature should be unscripted, so if I ever get into that genre I will go natural. I think video game let's plays should be unscripted, but voice overs should be scripted. Just my opinion of course. :wink2:

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just jot down a brief script if you think it is necessary other than that just go off what you think sounds right.