Script First?

Nightsaver341

Reaction score
Should I record my script first before recording my video? I am not currently filming myself speaking as more as I am recording my desktop screen while doing a voice over. Thanks for the help.

RooThaDude

Reaction score
Both work really well. I've done both and either one works. I suggest doing live because it's usually quicker and more easy, but doing script before or after the video might help it be a little more polished. Up to you.

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
I am kind of new to YouTube but I have been testing both methods and I find it better to have a script first. You can always make changes back and forth but this allows me to deliver more useful information to the viewers. But like anything else it will depend on the type of content targeting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Doing a script first is much better as it give you a better insight on what you supposed to do and what kind of information do the viewer perceive. It also can help when you editing your video because you can align the voice over with the video properly together and remove any unnecessary left over video you don't need.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally prefer scripting first because that way I have a pretty good idea on what I’m going to say and I do a lot of skits and story times so it helps keep my videos from being all over the place.