Screen Capture

Aron

Homicidal Zebra Factory
Reaction score
I have used a plethora of various screen capture softwares, and have purchased a plethora of them, yet in the end they always seem to disappoint me, whether it be with a few minor flaws or one major one.

Right now I am using ZD soft screen recorder, and thought it worked quite well recording various scenes from a movie I needed clips from for a review. After putting it together and rendering it the actual video is extremely small compared to the space it should fill (check my channel for the video.)

Soooo guys and gals, any tips on how to get my ZD big and beautiful or are there other screen recorders on the market that will blow mine out of the water, and make me one happy guy.

Thank you for your time,
Aron

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've just always used "Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Screen Capture". It has flaws, but it's free, so what are you gonna do?

L.G.

God is Good! :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
One thing I would suggest is getting you and HD PVR! Its about 200 or so but its so worth it! :)

KevinPJH

www.youtube.com/user/muttnbear
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I really love Camtasia. It is a great program for screen recording and editing your videos.

Supreme Umbra

Hello there!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really love Camtasia. It is a great program for screen recording and editing your videos.
I second that, it's much better than something like Fraps because the videos it creates are quicker to upload to YouTube. (But Fraps generally has better quality)

KevinPJH

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I second that, it's much better than something like Fraps because the videos it creates are quicker to upload to YouTube. (But Fraps generally has better quality)
Yes but Camtasia does not record full screen games. And Fraps does not record outside of game.

Supreme Umbra

Hello there!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes but Camtasia does not record full screen games. And Fraps does not record outside of game.
I agree with you, but to get past the full screen thing I suggest just run the game in windowed mode and then resize the capture window so that it is only showing the game, if you get what I mean?

Reactions: KevinPJH

KevinPJH

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree with you, but to get past the full screen thing I suggest just run the game in windowed mode and then resize the capture window so that it is only showing the game, if you get what I mean?
Yes, you do have a really good point. I used to play League of Legends in Windowless mode (pretty much windowed mode but with out the top bar with minimize close etc).

Supreme Umbra

Hello there!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, you do have a really good point. I used to play League of Legends in Windowless mode (pretty much windowed mode but with out the top bar with minimize close etc).
Haha, thank you. Some games don't allow you to resize their window, do you know how to get past that?