Scheduled Videos Performing Badly

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has anyone ever uploaded and scheduled videos for every day 30 days in advance and noticed that when they do go out they all perform rather poorly compared to normal? I am sure theres a link between scheduling videos into the future and performance. It sure seems that way, I have a channel which gets maybe 100 views per video usually but since scheduling 30 in advance they are all performing at 15 views each more or less, seems odd.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I always schedule my videos. I will upload them anywhere from 2-3 days in advance to a few hours in advance. I'm currently in Australia, but most of my audience is in the UK and NL, so I schedule to upload on their peak time, which is the middle of the night for me. The odd video that I have immediately publish did not preform better.
It's really important to upload on the right times. Keep an eye on when your audience is watching your videos and publish an hour or so before that (so that YT has time to process your video).

Reactions: Michael

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i have never felt that a poor performing video had anything to do with scheduling. It more likely has to di with some other factor. YouTube recommendations, viewer habits, content not being relevant/engaging, other creator providing content that gets them to click them on them instead... Who really knows.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I always schedule my videos, but they are uploaded only a day or two before they are published. I've never been so organized like that to be able to upload 30 days in advance! :eek: That's amazing! :eek: I don't think I've been able to upload even a week in advance, lol... :(

But, I have been curious if the time difference between "upload date" and "publish date" affect how well videos perform. It wouldn't make sense for YouTube to mostly register the upload date for the video's performance. If there were a bug like that, I would have thought they'd have fixed it ages ago... :S But then again, I'm always screen capturing weird buggy stuff and sending them emails lol. I'm sure I'm probably ultra annoying to them by now.... :/

I'm imagining them trying to navigate through pieced-together-code that has been written and re-written a million times with a shiny cover on top so that the public can't notice how messy it is lol. At least, that's how things usually end up every time I work on projects with a lot of code... xD

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks guys, I dont know but when I upload well into the future and schedule it seems they do significantly poorly in comparison to when I upload on the actual day and release on the same day. Not sure if something is happening or if its natural but just seems too coincidental for me.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Looking at them again today it really does seem messed up. Prior to scheduling them views would fluctuate between 50 per video and 700 per video after a day. Now they are down to 2, 13, 17, 4 all similar content to the others. Definitely some kind of throttling applied here, if not it is very weird.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Something has changed over the last few weeks for sure. I don't think it's the "schedule" feature though. I think it's the sub feed notifications that aren't getting through.

Reactions: markkaz and Michael

Marseekuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I only scheduled a video once and I never did it again just because of poor views compared to the others and a lot of people said (because most of my subscribers are my friends lol i kno sad) that they didn't get a notification for that video or they didn't even see it even though they were looking through Youtube. So I don't know, maybe it's just what Crown said, but still. Strange coinsidence.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really is a pain, I dont see the point of the feature if when using it for serious use theres issues like this. I dont know how they have dropped like that, they are fine when uploaded on the same day and get decent views.

Reactions: markkaz

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
To be honest, hearing all this kinda worries me. I've been using the schedule function for a year and a half now, sometimes uploading 3 days in advance, other times just a few hours. But I need to schedule them now because I am in a different time zone to my audience.. I haven't heard complaints about the notifications though.