Scheduled Video Somehow Getting Views?

BijutsuYoukai

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As usual, I am uncertain if this is the right place. please move if not. Anyways:

I've come across this phenomenon before and it baffles me. Occasionally I'll upload and schedule a video for the next morning. It was to my understanding that it was normal for it to have one view - aka, me looking at it myself - but for some they get a handful of views. I saw one once get 9, my latest scheduled video has 6 and it isn't due up until 9am (7 and a half hours from now). What is causing this? Is youtube freaking out and counting me looking at the video views? Even this doesn't make sense as I haven't even viewed the video 6 times, only 3 at max for annotation editing and a final for viewing to see if all was well.​

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I'm not 100% sure what causes this, I have had this a couple of times too, I can only really think that its something to do with how scheduled videos work that maybe glitches sometimes and gives you some views, either that or its listed for a split second and people just happen to click on it, can't think of any other way really.

ZombieBrain

Always hungry!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it also count views when You edit different stuff like annotations, cards etc on Your video, even if it's not published yet.

Reactions: Jawad Soomro

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Ya adding cards always give me views haha... I always try not to give views and cards does that lol

Reactions: PinProject

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmm I've scheduled a video to release at a later time and added it to a playlist but I'm not sure if it was available to view in the playlist early.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Annotations dont count but adding cards gives you views. I think they might have overlooked that :D
I dunno. It seems to count as a view when I drop into edit the settings. Perhaps I'm hitting play before I swap to the annotation tab though.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dunno. It seems to count as a view when I drop into edit the settings. Perhaps I'm hitting play before I swap to the annotation tab though.
It never used to at least, I used to use annotations as a way to check the video after uploading without giving it views but it could have changed.