Schedule Advice

Jamie Lee Bones

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone!

I'm very new to YTalk and YouTube in general and was wondering if I might get some advice. I was perusing the forums to find out the ideal upload schedule for a channel and was seeing some mixed answers.

Right now I have a google doc of about 100+ ideas that I'd like to do on my channel but I told myself that I'm sticking to an upload schedule of Tuesdays and Fridays for now until I get more comfortable.

I'm having a hard time keeping to this.. all I want to do is record and edit! So the question spiral in my head:

Is it more important to set a regular schedule (Tuesdays/Fridays) or to have more content up?

I'm also wondering if two days a week is a good place to start? Should I move it up to three? My hesitation is that I'm still quite new so I don't want to go changing stuff willy-nilly before I get established.

Are there specific days in the week that are best to upload? (Typing that it feel like it's a silly question but I'm gunna go with it)

I'd really appreciate any advice you all might have :) Thanks!

Eva Jupiter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi! :bounce:
Welp, Im no expert on this as if you look on my channel i only have 3 videos, my third just uploaded today, my first 3 months ago..:bag2::smug2: But I think for the creators who are just starting, I think what is more important is the amount of content. Since you have many ideas put your effort into one then go on to the next. If you can make 3 videos in a week then that would be awesome too! You can simply say new videos every week :laugh2:

DonHazeon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Two in a week is a great start to go off with! Honestly the upload schedule depends on your life schedule really!

You don't want to rush into a video and get it done just before your schedule. My advice here really is take the days you know you have the most time! Mine are on wednesdays and Sunday. However I do notice that the Wednesday video is hard for me to get it perfectly right cus of my full time job. So yeah don't make the mistake I did :p and choose the days that are the most comfortable for you!

I prefer weekend or Friday uploads to watch myself since I have the most time for myself!

Reactions: Jamie Lee Bones

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think generally stick to weekends and evenings to upload, but always stick with a schedule, because your loyal fanbase will expect it. Probably avoid uploading on Friday or Saturday nights, because no one is home watching youtube.

Upload according to your schedule. if you find 2 uploads a week too stressful, then just scale it to one.

Personally I upload on Monday nights, once a week. I have people messaging on Monday mornings saying how they are looking forward to the evening upload.
You want to get into a routine and have your viewers get into a routine as well

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Tube Buddy app lets you know what is best after analysing your channel.
For me my daily views peak mid/late afternoon (UK time) so I upload bi-daily at that same time every 2 days.

Fun withSammy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone!

I'm very new to YTalk and YouTube in general and was wondering if I might get some advice. I was perusing the forums to find out the ideal upload schedule for a channel and was seeing some mixed answers.

Right now I have a google doc of about 100+ ideas that I'd like to do on my channel but I told myself that I'm sticking to an upload schedule of Tuesdays and Fridays for now until I get more comfortable.

I'm having a hard time keeping to this.. all I want to do is record and edit! So the question spiral in my head:

Is it more important to set a regular schedule (Tuesdays/Fridays) or to have more content up?

I'm also wondering if two days a week is a good place to start? Should I move it up to three? My hesitation is that I'm still quite new so I don't want to go changing stuff willy-nilly before I get established.

Are there specific days in the week that are best to upload? (Typing that it feel like it's a silly question but I'm gunna go with it)

I'd really appreciate any advice you all might have :) Thanks!

I always say for everything in life... QUALITY over QUANTITY! I'm actually waiting for a nice lens to arrive before I even THINK about shooting anything! For me, personally, if I run into a video that does not look good or isn't interesting, I won't even consider viewing the other person's videos. I run into ONE excellent video, however, and I'll click on that channel to view more!

TheHerdLife

Reaction score
We found that uploading on Fridays was not good for us. But we only have 3 videos up and running. We are trying to go for a 3 times a week upload.

JuriKaGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So far, from what I've read on different forums, youtube guides found on google and so on, there are a two main things that keep returning.

1) Most of the time people seem to be suggesting that as a new channel it's important to upload as much as you can. I'm not saying you should throw out content without putting the necessary effort in, but I'd say you'll definitely benefit to make that upload straight away if it's ready instead of waiting for your scheduled day.

2) Have a schedule and stick to it.

I know, point 2 fights with point 1, but here's how I would do it at the start:

Set up a schedule. Make sure that everybody knows they can expect an upload from you on these days.
Then, referring to point 1, if you have extra uploads ready, put them out there as an "Extra edition", or "Surprise Extra Content" or something like that. You say you have 100+ idea's in google docs? That's great. Use as many ideas as you can straight away. The sooner you can find out what ideas work really well, the sooner you can focus on them harder.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I post videos every day. I choose 7 PM (GMT) because by the time people get home from work or school, my video will be up. And while I'm not popular. I think that sticking to that schedule will eventually yield good results. People like consistency and to see that a person is active. It shows that you care about your own content and your own channel. But that's just my perspective.

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Set a schedule and stick to it. Once your audience learns the schedule, you won't have to worry about things like a new video not hitting your sub feed right away because your audience will know exactly when to look for a new video.