Saving videos...?

Fun withSammy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys, new Youtuber here! I haven't created any videos yet, but I was wondering.... What is advisable, should I delete my videos after I upload them to YouTube to make space for other videos on my laptop... Or is it recommended that we save all our videos even after uploading? Looking forward to your input!

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I usually upload directly from the camera, and I delete the videos to release space for the camera. It depends if you do some editing, if you do, you should save the videos, to have back up if you do something wrong with your editing.
that´s just me though!

jack_penton

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recommend you save all your videos in the event something happens to your channel. You do not have to save them on your laptop/PC but alternatively can store them in virtual drives such as iCloud and GDrive. You should also keep any files that you think may be usable in future uploads. This will save you time rather than shooting additional content.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I film about 2 hours of material on 2 separate cameras for every video I make, which usually are cut down to about 20-30 minutes after editing. I save all the original footage from both cameras and the final rendered file along with accompanying photos, audio, music and text files on an external hard drive I purchased for this very purpose.

Reactions: jack_penton

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Save your files on an external hardrive. It’s always good to have it