Short Film Samurai History Short Skit(s)

Dickjutsu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello all, I run the Japanese History web series called Samurai Gaiden. I'm looking to do a few highlighted videos through collaboration with a live-action filmer and/or an animator.

-Live Action Film-
I have a few topics where I'd like to be able to feature filmed 'skit' or segment in my videos. These would be short bits, kind of like how a documentary/docudrama works.

The video aren't particularly intensive and most may not require many actors/crew, but some they would require some specialization or costumes.

The first, most pressing one, is on the topic of seppuku (also called Harakiri); the ritual art of suicide.

I can either script things out entirely for you, or I can give you a guided checklist and let you roll with it however you like.

Costume requirements would be a white kimono...but you could replicate that with a white bath robe to be totally honest.

Asian actor not required. Sword proficiency not required.

-Basic Information-
If any filmers or actors on here have feudal-era Japanese style costumes or clothing: Kimono, Hitatare, Kamishimono, and/or especially armor I can definitely get you scenes to film if you're up to collaborating.

-Collab Info-
I can feature you in my videos and link to you and I'm willing to offer reciprocating collabs, as well. I can research or write (I'm an author/writer) and I have connections to the Voice Actor industry (I am not a great one, myself, but I have worked with Funimation employees and amateurs of their quality).

Let me know if anyone is interested in a little collaboration with an old history nerd.

Thanks!
~Rich

Last edited: