Sabotage False Invalid Click Activity, Help!

Vil

Reaction score
Hello,

I have started a serious Youtube channel recently and I have just noticed some bizarre activity on one of my videos. I was away from the internet traveling for couple of days and when I got back home one of my videos had 10 000 views out of nowhere. I have not yet started to advertise my channel, so all of my videos have got only maximum of 50 views... What was even more strange, was that there are only 3 comments and 3 likes out of 10 000 views, and when I looked up where the the traffic came from it showed me it was from an unknown embedded video source. Plus all of the countries where like Egypt, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, with an average watch spam of 19 seconds. From this it seems pretty clear that this is just spam and not real views.

I made this particular video for a video contest, and I am suspecting that someone who participated in this contest is trying to sabotage me by getting my account banned. The day before this happened I got a message in my Spam folder from a person called Dang Tam. He said he really liked my video and told me it is much better than any other he has seen, and gave me a list of other videos who have also participated in this contest. I am not sure if this is the person who might have done the false clicks or not, but I just found the message to be very strange.

I know Youtube is banning channels for invalid click activity and I am very concerned of what can happen. I have worked a lot on this channel and I am even thinking of making it my full time job in the future, however, I am worried now that all this might be ruined because of this contest competition and some person trying to eliminate its competitors.

Could you please let me know what could be done now? How can I get rid of all this spam? and is it possible to find where the video was embedded and who did that? I hope you will understand how important this channel is to me and how much work I have put into it. And the contest organization should find out as well who has been doing these kind of things.

The video is called 'My one day in Korea'

Thank you!

Gourmet Gamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is it monetized? If not, dont worry about it. Only time youtube gives a frak is when it has ads and the views are taking money from their pockets vis invalid clicks.

Vil

Reaction score
Unfortunately it was monetized. And because I was away traveling for two days it had somewhat 10 000 views on monetization, though I have switched it off now.

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
YouTube/ Adsense are not idiots.. They have over 100 developers constantly assigned to the Adsense for Video sector :p

There hasn't been any serious issues with channels being banned for invalid clicks for 2-3 years now (apart from those that are self inflicted).
Their algorithms can detect what is someone wanted to get your channel banned and what is not or else there would be no large channels on YouTube.

Reactions: JohnKenShow

Gourmet Gamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube/ Adsense are not idiots.. They have over 100 developers constantly assigned to the Adsense for Video sector :p

There hasn't been any serious issues with channels being banned for invalid clicks for 2-3 years now (apart from those that are self inflicted).
Their algorithms can detect what is someone wanted to get your channel banned and what is not or else there would be no large channels on YouTube.
While they might not ban you, they will turn off monetization. Trust me. It happened to me.