Russian Language Videos; What is the best strategy?

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I am in the process of getting some of my more popular videos translated into Russian. They shall have captions, but also the title, description, and tags shall all be in Russian.

I'm totally undecided whether to add these videos to my existing channel or to create a new channel exclusively for the Russian content.

Starting a new channel seems the most logical way forward, but my existing channel is so successful in the yachting niche that I am worried that my new channel will have to start again from scratch and nobody may find it!

What do you guys think?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If only the captions, the titles, description, and tags are translated into Russian, there is no need to create a new channel, since the Russian is NOT the main language.of the videos. I have some videos translated by viewers (translation contributions - it happens, even if rarely) and the translated version is shown to the people who have this language set for their account, so they even don't know that the original upload is in English. But all the views, likes, subscribers and comments go to the main channel. Check some of the most popular YouTubers - they have translations in many languages by viewers, but they don't open new channels for the different languages.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
If only the captions, the titles, description, and tags are translated into Russian, there is no need to create a new channel, since the Russian is NOT the main language.of the videos. I have some videos translated by viewers (translation contributions - it happens, even if rarely) and the translated version is shown to the people who have this language set for their account, so they even don't know that the original upload is in English. But all the views, likes, subscribers and comments go to the main channel. Check some of the most popular YouTubers - they have translations in many languages by viewers, but they don't open new channels for the different languages.
Thanks Hirudov,
I hadn't noticed that with other youtube channels, although I'm sure you are right. I'll do some research.