RTFM

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Apologies but it is boring to read same and same "Can I ?" new posts.

Quoted parts as written in official Youtube support page, today: 11/12/2018.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2490020?hl=en

I made a recording from TV, DVD, or CD

Although you may have recorded something yourself, the actual creator or author of the underlying content being recorded (e.g. producer of the TV show being displayed on the TV) may hold many of the rights needed to commercially exploit this content.

If you want to monetize your recording of a TV show, DVD or CD, you would need to get explicit written permission from the applicable rights owner of the audio and/or visual elements you recorded.

I upload content that I found online

Although you may have found the content online for free, in most cases its actual creator holds many of the rights needed to commercially exploit the content.

If you want to monetize such content, make sure that you have all the necessary commercial use rights for it.

I used third-party content under Fair Use

Commercial uses are less likely to be considered "fair use," though it’s possible to monetize a video and still take advantage of the fair use defense in some cases. For more information, go to the What is Fair Use? site.

Still need help?
If you're still not sure what kind of content you can or can’t monetize, review the video monetization criteria. For more information about copyright, copyright infringement, and fair use, go to the Copyright Center.

The material on this page is provided solely for educational purposes and is not legal advice. You should only seek legal advice from a lawyer or legal representative.

And just in case you missed it:

C O P Y R I G H T - C E N T E R:

https://www.youtube.com/yt/about/copyright/#support-and-troubleshooting

Last edited:
Reactions: KatyAdelson

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Too many people can't be bothered to lift a single finger or think for themselves.. Youtube policy/guidelines etc etc are all there but many can't even be bothered to look at a single part of it. Instead want someone here to summarise it in one sentence which it can't be. I always like to help if I think I can answer a question, but some are obvious attempts of complete laziness by the OPs.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The same is true for just about any forum. People show up and ask simple questions that they could easily find out for themselves with a simple Google search, then they get mad when they don't get the answers they like. People are just idiots today.

Reactions: videoeditgr