Rotational symmetric logos?

Conal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello, I am looking to digitally create a logo which I have made up since I was small.

I have been unable to put this plan into action because it has rotational symmetry, like a perfect triangle has rotational symmetry. It also involves a circle which needs rotational symmetry in thirds, like a triangle has 3 ways of symmetry.

I need all three sides to be perfectly the same, visually and mathematically. The fact that there are 3 ways of symmetry it makes it a bit difficult to make it perfect.

What software would you recommend? I'm a big fan of anything Adobe so that's preferable, but I am open to 3D and 2D design software, preferably 3D because I'm planning to use the object in 4K60 video branding.

I have After Effects and Premiere Pro CC; if there's a 3D object of my logo that I could put directly impose into a video, that would be great.

Any help would me much appreciated.

Nedko Chulev

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
The latest versions of Adobe Photoshop do come with 3D functions and I am pretty sure mathematically correct shapes such as spheres and pyramids would be no problem to create even if its 3D functionalities are not as great as those of other dedicated software. If you are looking for a very very precise 3D software, I guess you could look into some computer aided design programs (or CAD programs) as there are a lot of free and paid ones out there. I have not used any so I can't recommend a particular one.

Cheers

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I highly recommend Google Sketch Up. It's a powerful program ( the free version is great.) I've used it for years to help design environments, mechs / vehicles, and weapons for my concept art and illustrations. www. sketchup .com