Rotating banners

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I'd like to know if anyone else does this. Everytime I make a new video, I change the banner to look similar to the thumbnail of that video. I put the newest video as the channel trailer for new visitors and put the second newest video as the trailer for returning subscribers. This is to assume that they watched the most recent video but if they missed the last one it'll be there on the channel page.

I never settled on a banner I liked and I don't like the idea of a Chanel trailer that's just some short thing and not a proper video. But then again I severely dislike a lot of things YouTube kind of forces you to do to be successful and don't do them.

So does anyone else change the banner each time? What do you do?

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What do you mean by banner? Last time I checked there was no banners on my YouTube channel. Could it be that what you are reffing to is Channel Art?

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I used to change up my channel banner everytime I started to play a new game before. Nowadays I usually have a banner for a long time, and only change it up if I can think of a better design.

Reactions: Gaijillionaire

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
whatever the image you upload on your channel page is! yea

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well that's interesting, and I think for bigger channels they will only change channel art if some big changes will happen to the channel, like rebranding. I am sure how would you benefit from changing channel art with every video to be honest.