Risking their lives for YouTube hits

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

video footage shows three daredevils tempting fate by running along the tops of subway cars in New York City.

Action movie-style music plays in the background of the series of clips in which the three men can be seen hopping from car to car as the trains speed through Brooklyn and Queens.

The videos are taken from multiple vantage points both on the ground and on top of the trains.

The account that originally shared the videos, under the name Jack Sutton, has been removed from YouTube for violating the site's community guidelines.

The Smoking Gun reports that the profile included a 'big thanks to @annie.kerner for helping us film'.

In the comments on one of the videos a user wrote: 'I hope you guys fall and die. But I also hope your deaths don't disrupt service.'

Riding on top of the train is expressly prohibited in the Metropolitan Transit Authority's Rules of Conduct.

Violators are subject to criminal prosecution in city court, and can be fined up to $100 and/or sentenced to 10 days in jail.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6050573/Daredevils-film-surfing-atop-speeding-subway-cars-NYC.html

Video:

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
People do anything for fame these days, instead of finding something else less disruptive to do that doesn't risk your or others lives. Makes you wonder what the parents are like if kids are doing things like this.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Too many people are risking their lives anymore just for the views to go up. Views isn’t worth it and if they don’t care about risking their own lives or others and only care about money and fame than maybe they will care when people tell them that type of fame doesn’t last long. Sure they will get noticed but in a week or two they’re forgotten because they’re only know for the stupid stuff that they do. When a person has talent and creates actual good content they will grow over time and be Rembered for all the good that they did, sometimes it takes but longer for that type of content to grow but in the end it’s worth it.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Of course, there is calculated risk but there are lots of things that we do that have some risk to it. That being said, somebody paid and raised those boys and it's a bit selfish of them to risk their lives without considering those who love them.

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can understand doing stupid stuff for views - after all what did Evil Knievel do it for if not the views - but people are risking others lives here, not just theirs.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Can't say I'm not surprised. Reminds me of the other video you shared about people climbing rails to the top of a very large bridge and then proceeded to run from the cops once they got down. Just for some sick shots and Youtube views. *Sigh* People will do anything for views these days I suppose. Makes you question the parenting sometimes though.

Reactions: Crown

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
It seems a pretty stupid thing to do! I guess to some extent we don't know how motivated they were by the views compared to the thrill of being on the train? I guess people having been doing stupid stuff like this way before youtube?

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, something is always dangerous to someone else. In my reviews I never show speed, but you know that I am going quick. Quicker than most. I keep it as safe as possible, but an outsider with a stick up their bum might have a problem with my driving.

zglc

Reaction score
i wont risks my life, theres so many ways to go viral but my life its priceless