RIP artificially created insomnia... YouTube is DOWN!

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
For anyone who doesn't know, the whole of Youtube's servers were down for like an hour or 2, but it was eventually fixed. Twitter kinda blew up with #YoutubeDOWN and it eventually was fixed. Hopefully this doesn't become a recurring thing for Youtube to lose it completely.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The past few streams I had done were all started with major technical issues. The one I started tonight was going perfectly, and then Youtube itself died... Fortunately, I use restream to simultaneously stream to Twitch as well...

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
That explains it...I just woke up, checked my stats, saw a humungous drop in views in the middle of the night, and then a return to normal two hours later.

It would be interesting to know how much revenue was lost during the period of time that the system was down!

I personally must have lost at least 10c :eeks:

Reactions: Crown

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I didn't notice the outage at all, because I was asleep at the time. I had bigger issue one day before, because a DRM agency made a copyright claim on one of my videos manually, so I had to resolve it with a dispute. I didn't have any claims for a good year or even more until Monday. They released the claim, so I went the sleep and when I was awake I only saw people reporting the outage, but everything was back to normal. According to my real time stats, it wasn't 100% down:

So everything is good I guess.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
eh, don't make it such a big deal!

.... I was just uploading a clip....

.....it took me about 2 hrs....

:D :p XD

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Ah that explains the hole in my realtime stats during the night. ^^

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I wonder if we will ever hear what the problem was? Hackers? Update gone wrong? Planned outage? Someone spilling coffee In the server....lol Youtube rarely ever has outages like that