Rights for a song.

ProductionPeople1

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I want to make a music video to a song but I dont want to get flagged for it. So can my network (Fullscreen) help me get the rights to it? Idk I need help though!

Atel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This sounds a lot like the concept of an AMV (Anime Music Video).

I don't think you could ever get the rights to such a video as long as the musical score is not your original content (parodies or cover songs). If the musical score is taken from another artist there probably needs to be established communication with whomever owns the intellectual property. Big artists usually mean big record companies as well. That's where the problem would be. These companies police youtube on their own, and put up claims to such content. The video will often remain if it is not a severe breech, with no harm to you, but you won't be able to monetize it.

It's been a while since I researched laws about intellectual properties and how these are governed on YouTube, however. So, don't put too much into my reply.

JackPlus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer
My advice is to spend the time and effort producing your own song. Sure it's a big project but definitely beats the heartache copyright can cause.

ProductionPeople1

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This sounds a lot like the concept of an AMV (Anime Music Video).

I don't think you could ever get the rights to such a video as long as the musical score is not your original content (parodies or cover songs). If the musical score is taken from another artist there probably needs to be established communication with whomever owns the intellectual property. Big artists usually mean big record companies as well. That's where the problem would be. These companies police youtube on their own, and put up claims to such content. The video will often remain if it is not a severe breech, with no harm to you, but you won't be able to monetize it.

It's been a while since I researched laws about intellectual properties and how these are governed on YouTube, however. So, don't put too much into my reply.
Well the band is "We The Kings" and its a song from there new album I want to use, but they didnt uses a record label for there latest album they did it them selfs!

TYTDerek

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If the band didn't release the track under a label, the best thing to do is try to contact the band themselves to get specific permission to make the video. Fullscreen will probably not help you with this (as they only have deals with specific labels such as Universal), but if it's the kind of band that would self-release, I have a feeling that they'd welcome the promotion that your channel could provide. Best of luck!

Reactions: ProductionPeople1