Riding/Catching The Wave of Trending Topics

lilmoogz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

I wanted to ask you what's your opinion on making videos that target something that is trending (in the news, TV, etc.) I tried making two videos, one about Beauty and the Beast as the new movie just recently came out and another video about Donald Trump as he is always known for attracting attention lol. Personally, I think its a good tactic to ride the popularity of subjects that are trending as more people would likely be searching for it.

Whats your opinion?

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi guys,

I wanted to ask you what's your opinion on making videos that target something that is trending (in the news, TV, etc.) I tried making two videos, one about Beauty and the Beast as the new movie just recently came out and another video about Donald Trump as he is always known for attracting attention lol. Personally, I think its a good tactic to ride the popularity of subjects that are trending as more people would likely be searching for it.

Whats your opinion?

It definitely will bring some extra traffic to your channel although unless it's something huge (pardon the pun) and the timing of the upload is relatively close (within the hour at least) then don't expect an extroadinary amount of views from doing this.

I'm of course speaking from experience. I do a news satire channel covering news in science technology and gaming. My most recent video Get Ploughed for Pandas has gotten decent traffic from YouTube searches and is appearing at the top of the suggested videos section of videos with 100-200k views. I've received some traffic from those videos as well.

I have five videos and 1250 views now give or take. My videos just passed 300 views each this week, my newest is nearing 400.