Reviews my channel if you may :)

1. If you would review my channel as a whole, what do you think about it?

2. This channel is my videos diary to save some memories that i want to recall on it later on, though it would be great if i help people with advice or entertain them. Am i looking for partnership? my major concern is that i entertain people but it would be nice if i could be youtube partner as well.

3. I just need some honest opinions :)

Im not the best at giving reviews but I will tell you what I think.

I can tell what the channel is about mainly because of your About Me which is good. The lighting in your videos is good too although it does seem great at one point in your Interracial Relationships video and then goes dull and then back to good lighting, I know this is unavoidable at times if you need to record certain parts again and then put them back in at the end but if you can try and keep the lighting consistent at all times it would improve the overall quality of your videos. The music in this video I found quite distracting even though it was lower than your voice audio, perhaps make it even lower in future so it is only just audible.

I like how your advice video is humorous although it could be a good idea to offer more serious advice too. The Justin Bieber joke thrown in there was funny. I think if you can offer humour mixed with good advice then you could be onto something. I think the video could have ended a bit better though perhaps with an outro with more editing in your video editor done. I would also ask them to leave you a comment as they could take that as a private message rather than leaving one on your video for you to reply to and you could ask for them to subscribe if they would like to see more. Bleeping out swearing could be good too so younger people can watch the videos even when there's family around and the same goes for adults who have kids in the room who dont want them hearing it.

I notice you have your feed as the default tab, changing that to the featured tab I feel would be best, your feed is mainly your own activity on YouTube and not really relevant to your own videos which you want right in peoples faces to view, an extra click to get to see your video content isnt a good idea as many are lazy and it is diverting attention elsewhere at present. Changing the video to autoplay would help with getting you some views from those who visit your channel as well and works well with the featured tab set as default.

I would also try and make or get a background, there are sites for youtube backgrounds that you can download and use on your channel to spruce it up so it isnt just solid black and perhaps personalise a background with JesterQP on it and a picture of yourself.

Thats all I can think of for now, I hope at least some of it is helpful :)

Agreed, on the lightning for Interracial Relationships was bad at one point :D, for the next video i'll try to lower the volume down and see how it works out.

Thanks. i'll see what I can do and i think i'll add "leave a comment below" or something like that, as for subscribing i think i'll let the youtuber decide that since i'm not really asking people for sub or anything like that. If they enjoy my video i'm pretty sure they'll sub if not that's ok too. As for the swearing, i don't think i can really bleep it out because i swear a lot in my video lol, so maybe i'll just aim for audiences that don't care about swearing :D

Just changed the default tab to featured now and set the video as auto play as well.

After exam week over i think i'll work on my BG.

Thanks for the constructive reply :D

No problem :) With the swearing thing YouTube did mention swearing on their blog but it isnt too serious:

Demotion of sexually suggestive content and profanity - Videos that are considered sexually suggestive, or that contain profanity, will be algorithmically demoted on our 'Most Viewed,' 'Top Favorited,' and other browse pages. The classification of these types of videos is based on a number of factors, including video content and descriptions. In testing, we've found that out of the thousands of videos on these pages, only several each day are automatically demoted for being too graphic or explicit. However, those videos are often the ones which end up being repeatedly flagged by the community as being inappropriate.

Quoted from here - http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2008/12/youtube-for-all-of-us.html

At the same time though nothing at all is mentioned about swearing in their community guidelines but I am not sure if words like "p***y" would be considered swearing or something sexually explicit, I doubt it but you never know.

Make sure to uncheck this too:

Untitled-2.gif

oh yea, thanks just uncheck that box lol.

I think people only flag video that are swearing excessively and somewhat offending people, in my case I don't think my swearing would offend anybody xD (or is it lol)

oh yea, thanks just uncheck that box lol.

I think people only flag video that are swearing excessively and somewhat offending people, in my case I don't think my swearing would offend anybody xD (or is it lol)

Good to see it sorted out now. I dont think it would offend them, I'm not offended by the swearing but if my son was in the room and my speakers were on I would turn it off so he doesn't pick it up.

Ok...I checked this out last night, and I don't have much to say critically. The new Youtube layout is hard to criticize. But here goes nothing...

Michael is right...you swear a lot. What I disagree with Michael on is that it isn't a bad thing. You cater do a different type of audience. I would say you want to gear toward the younger urban community, which is cool. The things that it looks like you need to work on would be your editing. Figuring out correct levels, knowing when and how much to cut, etc. I watched a couple of your videos and it just looks like it's suffering from a little bit of comedic timing. I mean, the jokes are there, I just think you might be either a) delivering them wrong, or b) delivering them at the wrong time. I think you need to hone in your style, which can only be done with repetition, which is what the video diary's for, right?

I mean, Kain Carter wasn't even that funny when he first started out (If you don't know who he is, you should probably check him out, because that's where you're going to find your audience: www.youtube.com/hotdamnirock), so just keep pumping out content, but always think in the back of your mind "How can I make the next video better?"

I'm interested to see your progression. I'll go ahead and subscribe. Don't disappoint me, though! I want to be laughing my a** off.

But hey, that's just my two cents. Take with it what you will.

Actually, take a step back and watch the videos again, you're right. I'll try to get the joke out better next video, thanks for the cc bro.
Also yea, i found out about kain and jerry 2 weeks ago :D , kain and jerry are 2 of the funniest dude out there on youtube.

Back