Review request

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone! So, I've decided to actually start doing YouTube properly and thought I could use some outside advice on things.

So, as you may be able to tell straight away, I live the simple life. And also I sing songs.

I would basically like some insight on thumbnails, video quality, video style etc.

The last two videos I uploaded, have the thumbnail style I'll be using in the future.

Thanks! The channel link is the big red button below.

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
You're very talented and your production values are great. I like the way your videos are close and persona, sans flashy cuts and editing.

I'll be honest, the header and thumbnails really don't grab me, and I'm afraid since they'll always feature you in the same environment they're going to be very hard to distinguish from one another. Any way to spice up the visuals, perhaps with something inspired by the cover/song for the given video, could go a long way to improving your views.

The font you're using looks good as white on black, but a little muddy with the black outline. Maybe you could fill the white boxes with black at 50% opacity or something, and kill the outline?

And/or find a splash of colour to add to your general branding.

Do you plan on making videos besides covers? A little more of an introduction might also help your audience self-select and subscribe.

Reactions: AuthenticFINN

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're very talented and your production values are great. I like the way your videos are close and persona, sans flashy cuts and editing.

I'll be honest, the header and thumbnails really don't grab me, and I'm afraid since they'll always feature you in the same environment they're going to be very hard to distinguish from one another. Any way to spice up the visuals, perhaps with something inspired by the cover/song for the given video, could go a long way to improving your views.

The font you're using looks good as white on black, but a little muddy with the black outline. Maybe you could fill the white boxes with black at 50% opacity or something, and kill the outline?

And/or find a splash of colour to add to your general branding.

Do you plan on making videos besides covers? A little more of an introduction might also help your audience self-select and subscribe.
Thanks for the reply and feedback!

For the thumbnails, would a picture of the artist be an addition that would help identify them easier as well as grab attention?

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Yes, that could definitely help; you on one side, them on the other?

I would add that the thumbnail doesn't necessarily have to literally represent the video. Ex., even if it's always you in your studio, you could take a picture elsewhere or put an image behind you that represents the mood or theme of the song.

LytaneVS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In terms of content it's fine with your singing and the shots that you use are also fine but the backgrounds for the shots are pretty bland and boring. You could try adding in something to do with the song you are singing if possible just to add something to it.
As for the thumbnails I think Buzzcuts is right, adding the artist or the album cover or something will help people find a particular song easier and help them stand out more.
Though you are doing a raw video on YouTube having some videos that have either more shots or angles (even if it means singing it multiple times and putting it all together in post or singing it live then miming during the recording) every now and then will also spice up the channel but it doesn't have to be all the time.
Aside from that I think you will do fine :)