Review of my latest video

Ryan Ng

Hey guys. My name is Ryan and I just started a Youtube channel. I've been trying to make some cinematic videos, but I would love some advice and help. My latest video what a letter that I wrote to my younger self. I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on my video. Thanks!

Good video, although maybe fix up the title, doesnt really say what the video is about, maybe like "starting out in filming" or something, just a suggestion to get recommended a little more

Cool video, very stylized and great editing but it's also a little too much at times and it starts to distract from what you are talking about. At the start the images match with your dialogue but the next 2min it's just images with effects and I don't understand what I am really supposed to take from it.
It's good don't get me wrong (though I didn't like that strange orange rectangle wash thing that pops up a few times lol) I just don't know how it all relates to one another.

Awesome effort really loved it.I think a little color grade will make your videos look for cinematic, idk just an opinion.Best of luck :)

I can't fault your video. Solid editing dude. Maybe one thing I'd say is you could probably use the effects a bit more sparingly. That will make the few effects you do use more impactful. This will also give you more time to work on other projects. I'm sure you're gonna go far on YouTube and I eagerly anticipate your next video :)

Back