Review of my channel

Greg skYflYer

Reaction score
hello everybody !

Looking for your help to improve my channel !

The content ? Only drone videos ! I put some aerial of footage of Switzerland in majority.

You can find castles, ruins, lakes or kind of urbex.

I start to have a few views which is cool for me as it’s now a hobby to drone and then editing footage. I like to give a certain dimension of my subject with some dramatic and or epic music.

But, what do you think in general ? Do I have to put a better photo profile ? Or change some colors ?

Maybe put some review video of drone/accessories/flight modes/etc ?

As I’m new to to this, any help or advice is welcome !

Thanks to all in advance.

Cheers

Reactions: Md Sk Johnny

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey man, I am going to review content but I am warning you it won't work, as Casey Neistat put it "Nobody gives a sh** about your drone and timelapse footage". It is mainly used for transitions. If you really like this type of thing I would suggest to rather take photos and short videos and post it on Instagram and build a fan base on their. You would definitely find more famous success on there.

OK, after all that and you want to still stay on YouTube here is my review. The drone footage need to be buttery smooth always, always, always. I am not talking about slow motion. I am talking about when you change direction. It seems unnatural sometimes jerking would be found. Most people edit out the part where they change directions.

When flying through obstacles you need to keep a straight line. You almost did in your second last video. To do this right every time fly through the obstacle, then when your angle is right reverse or go straight (Your pick) and then fly through it again.

The music you picked does not fit the video at all. It fits into a video with quick fast movements, like a chase scene. Since a drone stays the same pace and moves fluently you would need slower music. I don't know what to recommend. Probably classical. Something in the lines of Etude No 1 For String Quartet - Peter Sandberg (This was just a quick google search).

I came across a video where you took pictures and then moved it from side to side. Even though undoubtedly it is beautiful you should not do that, its a video not a slideshow. People will get annoyed, I got annoyed.

Keep to a much English as possible, I assumed your titles were names of places which is fine if it is but if you want to attract more viewers your descriptions must be English

Then lastly. It seems like the videos is not color graded, I might be wrong but if I am not you need to color grade it if you are you need to up your color grading game, go watch more tutorials. also try aim shooting at different time's during the day. Golden hour would bring so much beautiful lighting to your videos.

I can commend you on your channel being in order. The fact that it seems like you upload regularly and hopefully on the same day of the week is great. The thumbnails of the last 5 videos are great, except for the 2nd last video Château de Rouelbeau. Keep to that style.

If you do decide to switch to Instagram keep these tips in mind and you should do fine.

Best of luck friend and have a nice day

Reactions: Md Sk Johnny

Greg skYflYer

Reaction score
Many thanks for this review ! Appreciated ! Any help is always welcome !

I will read again your post with my English colleague to ensure to understand everything well !

Thanks again for your time my friend !

All Things Mannish

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi, although I'm not a skilled drone pilot, I did find many of your shots to be picturesque, but the music to be very dramatic, with a strong build up. Maybe, looking for the drama in the shots rather than in the music would benefit your overall video performance. Thank you.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I enjoyed the views, I also found the music to not be fitting. I enjoyed watching it better muted.

Md Sk Johnny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As your demand, I wanna visit your channel. In my opinion, everything was ok and channel layout well optimized. But one thing, there was no social Link that connects with you and your visitors. That' really bad practice.