Review My Vlog

Philip Jensen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So ... I need someone to review my vlog. You see, it all started of with this concept of doing weekly challenges. But I must admit it is quite hard, so I am trying to spice it up, with more "everyday" stuff.

So if you have the time, I would like to get your feedback on:
1) which style of video you feel like I should go towards.
2) Should I buy a better camera to get a better picture and sound?
3) Do I need more onscreen graphics or stuff like that?
4) Are there someone you find cool, who you think I should aim at "being"
5) Any ideas for upcoming content or something I could do?

Lots of love! And thanks.

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just watched a few minutes of one of your videos.

Picture quality seems fine. Sound is okay'ish, but there is scratching sounds.

Short term, get a shotgun mic or a Lav mic, for way better sound.
+ Work on thumbnails. Even if it's just getting a better Font + some consistency.

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Nice stuff. I agree the audio is a bit of a strain; even if you were just able to amplify a bit more I feel like it would help a lot.

My only other feedback is that I feel like it's a bit hard as a newcomer to get a sense of what you do/who you are. I think your work actually looks really interesting, but it took me jumping around until the end of the videos to see some of it. If you previewed/hinted more at the contents of each vid at the beginning, and/or just opened with a really clear, newbie-friendly intro I think that would help. Good luck!

Philip Jensen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just watched a few minutes of one of your videos.

Picture quality seems fine. Sound is okay'ish, but there is scratching sounds.

Short term, get a shotgun mic or a Lav mic, for way better sound.
+ Work on thumbnails. Even if it's just getting a better Font + some consistency.
I actually have a shotgun mic, but no external port on my carrying camera – so I just ordered a new camera to fix this. It's a problem I should've fixed a long time ago. Thank you!

Yes, I should start getting more consistent in my branding. It sucks. THANKS![DOUBLEPOST=1524042361,1524042245][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nice stuff. I agree the audio is a bit of a strain; even if you were just able to amplify a bit more I feel like it would help a lot.

My only other feedback is that I feel like it's a bit hard as a newcomer to get a sense of what you do/who you are. I think your work actually looks really interesting, but it took me jumping around until the end of the videos to see some of it. If you previewed/hinted more at the contents of each vid at the beginning, and/or just opened with a really clear, newbie-friendly intro I think that would help. Good luck!
Thanks on the audio-feedback, I will definitely fix this! I have ordered a new camera which allows me to attach an external mic. Should help a ton.

I will give this my highest priority. Maybe I should try to make a channel intro?