Review my Vlog please!

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

I'm quite happy with this one! I try to make all the Vlogs quite new viewer friendly, and I'm pretty new to making thumbnails, but I don't think they're too bad!

Please help me out and let me know if this is any good or not!

Reactions: User_78298

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Nice work! Love your editing, interesting content, good audio, etc. All systems go.

If I'm going to be picky, although I find most vlogs OVERuse music, I feel like some sparse sprinkling of good tunes could have spiced yours up a bit. I also would have liked to see/hear more reactions from your friend, but maybe they weren't too jazzed about being on camera?

For the thumbnail, I find red tends to be a bit over-used; when used sparingly or smartly it can be eye catching, but since it's overused it just tends to blend in. And since you had so many neat aquarium shots, I think a clean, simple underwater photo might work better. I appreciate your sense of humour, and I can tell you're trying to express that in your thumbnail, but I think the sense of exploration is the main draw and it works because your video work is quite good; I would consider emphasizing that more in your thumbanils.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck with the channel!

Reactions: Johnjackallen

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Awesome! Thanks for the advice! Yeah, he wasn't a fan of being on camera all the time (but wanted to be sometimes haha).

I'll try and work some music into future vlogs if I can, though I'm completely rubbish when it comes to litterally anything to do with music! So I'll have to grab a musician friend to help me work out how to time everything and make it look/ sound good!

As for the thumbnails, I'll just have to keep tweaking them until I get them right!

Overall thank you for having a look and thank you for the advice!

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
At the moment I use sony movie studio 13. But payday is next week and I'm gonna get premiere elements!

And yeah, gonna have a rethink on these thumbnails, see what I can do with them!

Glad you liked the video though!

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Haha, my bad! I currently use paint.net (not ideal I know) the main problem is I'm not arty (at all) I might just go with the classic vlogger photo on location with some text over it.

RhysP

Reaction score
Very good editing, audio was [emoji108] and was interesting. The only complaint I have is the glare on the camera when you were in the airport. It made that part awful to watch and could cause problems for some people.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Xapok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician

I'm quite happy with this one! I try to make all the Vlogs quite new viewer friendly, and I'm pretty new to making thumbnails, but I don't think they're too bad!

Please help me out and let me know if this is any good or not!
Hi Jack,

I like the video style in Tokyo, I did a video going to Rennes and I enjoy filming places a lot too.

Cool thumbnails indeed.

A few tips : use a stabilizer, do less rapid change of frame in a row, it will be more comfy for the viewer.
And look in the eye of the camera, because it feels like you are looking on the side there.

Hope that helps,

Xavier

Envoyé de mon SM-T585 en utilisant Tapatalk

F[VI]E GUYS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One suggestion I have for putting together a thumbnail is using canva.com. This site has an amazing interface and is easy to use! Worth checking out! If you want any help or questions using it, I would be glad to help!

Reactions: DesertDreamer

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Very good editing, audio was [emoji108] and was interesting. The only complaint I have is the glare on the camera when you were in the airport. It made that part awful to watch and could cause problems for some people.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Haha yeah I can see that! Earlier in the holiday I manahed to crack the lense over that specific camera! It's all fixed now though!

Glad you enjoyed it![DOUBLEPOST=1523788201,1523788064][/DOUBLEPOST]
One suggestion I have for putting together a thumbnail is using canva.com. This site has an amazing interface and is easy to use! Worth checking out! If you want any help or questions using it, I would be glad to help!
Thanks! If I ever give it a try I'll let you know![DOUBLEPOST=1523788292][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you know anything about Photoshop, there's a free equivalent that you can download called GIMP (odd name, I know). If nothing else, you can go to cooltext.com, create and download some fonts for your videos, then go into GIMP and paste the downloaded text onto a screenshot or something. It makes it look a lot like the stuff from bigger channels.

Actually, GIMP has a feature called the fuzzy select tool. By adjusting the Threshold level, I think you should be able to take a picture of yourself and then click on and delete the background, so you could put a picture of yourself over something.
I might start doing what the big guys do and taking a nice high quality selfie on the day, then slapping some cool text over it in an easy to read font. Maybe some emojis...[DOUBLEPOST=1523788429][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi Jack,

I like the video style in Tokyo, I did a video going to Rennes and I enjoy filming places a lot too.

Cool thumbnails indeed.

A few tips : use a stabilizer, do less rapid change of frame in a row, it will be more comfy for the viewer.
And look in the eye of the camera, because it feels like you are looking on the side there.

Hope that helps,

Xavier

Envoyé de mon SM-T585 en utilisant Tapatalk
Thanks for all the tips here, picked up a new camera recently that really helps with stabilization! So hopefully that won't be a problem in future videos!

logkentwigboy

Reaction score
Wow man you were in Japan? Thats so cool!! What part of Japan were you in? I think your video was fun to watch. You could add some quiet background music to help set the mood to your videos