Review My Analytics (Only Those With Experience Please)

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
I have an overview below of my analytics page, one set to 'last 28 days', and one to 'lifetime'...
1. What are the first things you look at when evaluating your channel analytics?
2. What stands out to you with my numbers? (good and bad)
(NOTE: My channel has just begun to see more activity, as I've been more consistent posting, with my audience becoming more defined with each new video)

THANKS FOR YOUR PERSPECTIVE!
A9s2NAi.png

t1BVSLH.png

id say over all your analytics look pretty good I would be a little concerned about the average view duration but I see most your video's are from under 1 min to 6 mins so your probably ok there. you seem to be doing pretty good for views per video for your number of subscribers. looks like you are pretty consistently getting over 100 views per video with under 200 subscribers. looks like you don't have any home runs yet but I see potential. ill share the same snap shots from my analytics to give you something to compare them too.

upload_2018-7-30_21-44-18.png

upload_2018-7-30_21-45-5.png

although my numbers are bigger your viewer interaction stats per view are doing better than mine you also have more subscribers per view more shares per view and video's in play list per view I would view these all as positive signs for growth.

Last edited:
id say over all your analytics look pretty good I would be a little concerned about the average view duration but I see most your video's are from under 1 min to 6 mins so your probably ok there. you seem to be doing pretty good for views per video for your number of subscribers. looks like you are pretty consistently getting over 100 views per video with under 200 subscribers. looks like you don't have any home runs yet but I see potential. ill share the same snap shots from my analytics to give you something to compare them too.

View attachment 42269

View attachment 42270

although my numbers are bigger your viewer interaction stats per view are doing better than mine you also have more subscribers per view more shares per view and video's in play list per view I would view these all as positive signs for growth.

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to view my analytics. It's funny you mentioned average view duration. That definitely catches my eye every time. Usually followed up with the question "Why didn't they stay and finish the video?" Well, that's an entirely new post, isn't it? haha

I don't think anyone runs anywhere near 100% watched. when I had tube buddy installed I noticed a lot of big youtubers had average view durations around 30% on a lot of video's I think my overall audience retention is running about 45%

kinda like when you were in school if you missed a test and got a 0 it really brought your grade down. well when people click your video by accident or only watch 10 seconds and realize its not what they were looking for even though the majority might watch the majority of the video it brings the average way down. but watch time and audience retention are a important place to focus your attention because youtubes main goal is to keep people on the platform watching video so % viewed and watch time plays a huge part in how much youtube will promote your video.

getting you tube to promote your video's is what grows your channel. doing your own promotion can help especially early on but you cant reach near the people as youtube promoting your video can

I don't think anyone runs anywhere near 100% watched. when I had tube buddy installed I noticed a lot of big youtubers had average view durations around 30% on a lot of video's I think my overall audience retention is running about 45%

kinda like when you were in school if you missed a test and got a 0 it really brought your grade down. well when people click your video by accident or only watch 10 seconds and realize its not what they were looking for even though the majority might watch the majority of the video it brings the average way down. but watch time and audience retention are a important place to focus your attention because youtubes main goal is to keep people on the platform watching video so % viewed and watch time plays a huge part in how much youtube will promote your video.

getting you tube to promote your video's is what grows your channel. doing your own promotion can help especially early on but you cant reach near the people as youtube promoting your video can

That was extremely valuable advice. I’m very grateful for your insights! (Pun intended) [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back