Review Channels in Limbo

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was just wondering if anyone in this forum has applied for channel monetization and is still in limbo....since YouTube recently pushed the final date to june

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was just wondering if anyone in this forum has applied for channel monetization and is still in limbo....since YouTube recently pushed the final date to june
What do you mean youtube pushed the final date to june?? the date for what?

Reactions: UKHypnotist

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the YouTube Monetization discussion forum. :)

Reactions: Crown

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
What do you mean youtube pushed the final date to june?? the date for what?
On April 19th, a Community Manager announced on the "official" YouTube Help Forum that the updated estimate for clearing the backlog of channels currently awaiting monetization compliance review was now the end of June.

A day later, it was announced on the same thread that the review order had also changed. Now the channels with the most views would be reviewed first, as those stood to create a higher revenue base.

So first come, first served no longer applies.

Wakanda

Reaction score
June?
Mine still reads end of April

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wonder how many new channels are requesting monetisation daily? And how many people are reviewing? And what they do / how long they browse the channel / videos / comments etc.
Whether they need to quick approve some just to catch up with targets / demand?

Reactions: videoeditgr

Wakanda

Reaction score
I wonder how many new channels are requesting monetisation daily? And how many people are reviewing? And what they do / how long they browse the channel / videos / comments etc.
Whether they need to quick approve some just to catch up with targets / demand?
I wonder when YouTube will be honest enough to admit that the real problem is EXCESS content supply

Reactions: videoeditgr

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On April 19th, a Community Manager announced on the "official" YouTube Help Forum that the updated estimate for clearing the backlog of channels currently awaiting monetization compliance review was now the end of June.

A day later, it was announced on the same thread that the review order had also changed. Now the channels with the most views would be reviewed first, as those stood to create a higher revenue base.

So first come, first served no longer applies.
Thank you for clarifying. It was worded a bit funky in the original post so I was concerned there would be more changes to monetization requirements lol But I'm only sort of close to monetization so I'll worry about this when it is time I guess. My watch time is almost there but not my subs.