reveiw please

energy edit

Reaction score
Hi im Energy Edit. I new to this forum and im a new youtube uploader. I have 2 videos up on my channel. It would be cool if i could get some feedback on them and maybe a comment or my first subscriber.

MY CHANNEL

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey welcome to the forums :) I cant watch your videos properly right now as my audio is off at this time of night (I will do tomorrow though and post something then as well) but based solely on first impressions of your channel and your videos in silence there are a few things you could do.

I suggest you get a background, something that represents you and what you do in your videos, you could try a premade one from one of the background websites or go a step further and do your own if you are handy with graphics programs. If you plan on keeping your current icon with Energy Edit written on it you could do one themed similarly so they match.

I checked out your intro video you uploaded and I think it could be a lot more effective if it wasnt flicking between black and white, that will do peoples eyes in :D I think something more subtle could be better, just the text on its own with the black background would be easier for me to watch.

Your vlog video would be a whole lot better if you looked directly at the camera, I am not too sure if you're chatting to someone online or something but in general it is best to keep your eyes on the camera lens, pretend you're making eye contact with a person and as if you are talking to someone face to face.

You have a decent username there too.

I will have to watch them properly tomorrow with audio to say anything else but I hope that helps :D

energy edit

Reaction score
Hey welcome to the forums :) I cant watch your videos properly right now as my audio is off at this time of night (I will do tomorrow though and post something then as well) but based solely on first impressions of your channel and your videos in silence there are a few things you could do.

I suggest you get a background, something that represents you and what you do in your videos, you could try a premade one from one of the background websites or go a step further and do your own if you are handy with graphics programs. If you plan on keeping your current icon with Energy Edit written on it you could do one themed similarly so they match.

I checked out your intro video you uploaded and I think it could be a lot more effective if it wasnt flicking between black and white, that will do peoples eyes in :D I think something more subtle could be better, just the text on its own with the black background would be easier for me to watch.

Your vlog video would be a whole lot better if you looked directly at the camera, I am not too sure if you're chatting to someone online or something but in general it is best to keep your eyes on the camera lens, pretend you're making eye contact with a person and as if you are talking to someone face to face.

You have a decent username there too.

I will have to watch them properly tomorrow with audio to say anything else but I hope that helps :D
Thanks I will look into getting a better background and i suppose i could make a new intro.
As for looking into the camera I noticed that too when I watched the vlog back for the first time and I do look into the camera in my new vids.

I just made a new vlog called WTF is life and its uploading now.

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Ok...so first off...your volume is really low. And your intro is WAAAAAY too long. 17 seconds for 2 words is not effective use of time in your video. Your intro could easily be 1-2 seconds long and be mountains more effective...because it gets us into the action immediately. Also...your lighting could be better...try to invest in some natural light bulbs or multiple lamps for better lighting around your face if you plan on just vlogging.

As for the actual content, I think the key to your success (other than your volume and lighting) will be in your editing. It'll take you some time, but constantly play with how you edit. See what you can take out...see what works, what doesn't work. When you finish your product, watch it over again...if you find something that is not INHERENTLY NECESSARY to your story...make sure it's downright hilarious...if you don't find it funny...why would anyone else find it funny? Those instances should be cut completely...but again, that comes with more practice and trial and error.

But your topics are interesting...I'm curious to see how you'll evolve.

But that's just my two cents, take with it what you will.

Reactions: Michael