Revealing your real identity? Yes or No?

Reveal your Identity on Youtube

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
At first I was anonymous. Now people see my face and some know me by name. I have shared my content under my real name too. I simply don't care. If you are a smaller YouTuber people don't know and don't care to find out and if you are a big YouTuber people can and will find out. It's quite simple really.

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'll stay anonymous. Ain't nobody ever going to know who I am. Whoever tries to find out, will die. And those who don't, shall die too.

Reactions: Crown

mr.jacks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's ok to show your face but obviously probably safer not to reveal your full name unless you know for sure the friends on social media you make you can trust.

CraftyMelonGirl

Reaction score
I don't, bcus my realname only is once in the world. So i'm easily to be found.

LachlanR

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My social media links are in my description of videos. I probably should, but I've never really cared about putting my name on these public profiles.

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I use my face and most of my name. My whole professional career has been built on trust and dealing with the public so I dont really feel any different here. Sure people might be willing to talk bad about you in comments but oh well. Im sure the internet trolls wouldnt have anything to say face to face because really they are the same type of people that say things behind your back and you cant let them get to you.

Reactions: Dismal Bliss

OzzyMikeNaz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's a tricky one. The internet can be a pretty horrific environment. For younger youtubers I would definitely not recommend it because you have so many creeps everywhere and it does also depend on the videos you are doing. If you are doing pranks, do you really want that to follow you around? but if you are just doing casual informative videos there is no real reason to worry.

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well you can see from my profile image that i lean towards incognito..so much so that I don't show my face in my videos..lol i think it's a preference though. In some cases it may be better to reveal your true identity if you're looking to brand yourself.