Revealing your real identity? Yes or No?

Reveal your Identity on Youtube

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nutfee

Reaction score
As someone who was raised in the woods and taught that strangers want to kidnap and murder you, I've always been a little reserved. With that said, I'm pretty terrified of putting my real identity out there.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use my real name and real identity on the internet these days. I lost my anonymity years ago and just embraced this fact ever since.

With regard to YouTube, there was a time when Google wanted you to merge your YouTube and Google Plus accounts together. Back then Google Plus required you use your real name. When I accepted this merger, my YouTube channel was rebranded with my personal name. I didn't know this was gonna happen, but I didn't care too much.

I'm a vlogger, so my face and who I am kinda has to be at the forefront anyway :D

BobbyKryptonite

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I started making videos when I was 15, so I wanted to keep some anonymity, I thought for a while about using my real first name, and then my middle name as a surname, I did a bit of Googling so see if there was anyone else worth noting with that name, found an article about a guitarist with that name. So I decided to come up with a new name, having very little imagination with names I said Bob/Bobby/Robert as a first name, decided I wanted a surname beginning with K, searched a few, again, there are already famous people called that, so I just decided on Bobby Kryptonite, now that I think about it, I hope the people who created Superman don't have a copyright on the name Kryptonite, if I get sued and have to stop calling myself Bobby Kryptonite, I shall change my name to Bobby Censored/Bobby Copyright/Bobby f-word :D

Cly_Faker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've been pretty good at maintaining my anonymity for the time being, but eventually I'll do a face reveal and whatnot. Of course, that won't be happening unless I get to 100k subs or so, so I'm not holding my breath.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the YouTube main forum. :)

(I'd say it's particulary important for children not to reveal their identity or where they live / go to school. )

Reactions: BobbyKryptonite

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I personally don't mind revealing my face, and my channel name used to be my full name thanks to google plus, until I found a way to change it to what it is now, them knowing your full name isn't a major issue but its amazing what people can find out about you thanks to one little bit of information its scary

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally don't mind revealing my face, and my channel name used to be my full name thanks to google plus, until I found a way to change it to what it is now, them knowing your full name isn't a major issue but its amazing what people can find out about you thanks to one little bit of information its scary
The last thing you would want to face is a bunch of friend requests from fans on Facebook. Not a good way to lay low.

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The last thing you would want to face is a bunch of friend requests from fans on Facebook. Not a good way to lay low.
I have my requests set to mutual friends only so randomers cant add me you have to be friends with someone who is friends with me first and everything is private on my profile. Im pretty paranoid about it

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have my requests set to mutual friends only so randomers cant add me you have to be friends with someone who is friends with me first and everything is private on my profile. Im pretty paranoid about it
But won't people whom you just met be able to add you? Not saying online, but real life acquaintances.

Tabbes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Sooner or later it'll have to be done otherwise, someone might try to do it for you even though that's a dbag move.