Results from my first experience running a contest

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I am a beginner YouTuber, and have been trying to increase my number of subscribers. I decided to run a social media contest with a couple of cheap prizes, and overall it worked out pretty well! I thought I would let you all know the details of the contest in case this is something anybody else is interested in trying.

My channel is a comedy cooking hybrid, so I went to Ross and bought a vegetable spiralizer tool to give away as a prize. It was $10. I also had a really cheap spiralizer that was given to me as a gift, and I decided to give that away as a prize as well.

I went on Facebook and announced the contest from my "Comedy Kitchen" Facebook page, with a picture of the prizes, and said to be eligible for the contest, you need to to tag 2 people in the post, and subscribe to my YouTube channel. I also shared it from my personal FB page, to reach more people. I decided to pay some money to promote the post, to get more visibility. I had never done it before so FB gave me a $10 credit, and I then payed another $10 to boost it even more. I then invited all of my friends to "Like" my page.

I ran the contest for 3 days. About 5 people I knew from high school subscribed without entering, and I had 19 people enter the contest on top of that. I also announced the contest on Instagram, but only one person participated, for some reason. I randomly picked 2 winners and then shipped them their prizes, which cost about $25 because one of the boxes with slightly large.

Overall the grand total from the contest was 25 new followers, which ended up costing me about $45. Considering I only had ~50 followers at the time, that was a really nice boost! I did end up spending more money than I wanted to, but I think I learned how to save a bit of money in the future, and will try again soon with smaller prizes that will cost less money to ship.

Reactions: MyBigBrain

cknd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
thanks for sharing your experience

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I've contemplated doing something like this. I have a DIY Tech type channel and figured I'd spend $20 or so bucks on a gadget for a giveaway to sub and follow on twitter.

Reactions: Comedy Kitchen