[Resolved] COVER VIDEOS ?? HELP MIC!

andresjohnson28

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hello! I've been trying to record a cover but idk whats wrong with my mic. I use garagband and sometimes works but most of the times it doesn't. I don't know if i have to change the levels of the mic or something ? when I record the mic picks up a lot of background noise and almost nothing of the voice, I have to put my speaker to the max volume to be able to hear my voice :(( this is driving me crazy!!

I use GarageBand 10.3 and a MXL usb.006 microphone

PressRecord

Daily Vlogs on a Daily Basis!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Not a Mac user, so I can't go too in depth with trouble shooting.

But occasionally I'll have issues with my recording software. It'll revert to webcam mic or different things. Make sure that you have the correct mic selected in your properties.
On Windows there is actual recording properties outside of the software. Sometimes the levels can be turned down, meaning that you will have to crank up your volume to hear yourself and in return losing quality and gaining background noise.

Also make sure that your levels are turned up in your recording software. It's a little self explanatory but it's possible you might have them turned down. Whichever line is armed with your mic, there is a slider on the left side. Make sure that that is turned up. If it is down you won't hear yourself. You can also check in the softwares mic properties to make sure that nothing is screwy with the mic.

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Check both sound settings in control panel (put your mic to default input and disable rest) and go to audio options in garageband and make sure you're on the right audio driver and that your input is the correct one and disable the rest inputs leaving output as your main speakers or headphones whatever you use. Generally USB mics have unbalanced connections which pick a lot of background noise + latency issues but it shouldn't be as bad as you're describing it. Think you just got your inputs/outputs set incorrectly.[DOUBLEPOST=1416608089,1416607694][/DOUBLEPOST]I think a long time ago i had an issue when i was selecting my input as stereo and not mono cuz i didn't understand wtf i was doing and thought it should be stereo but that input was giving me a background noise switiching to mono resolved it which should be mono anyways for recording vocals cuz you're using 1 mic should make sense lol

Reactions: andresjohnson28

andresjohnson28

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Check both sound settings in control panel (put your mic to default input and disable rest) and go to audio options in garageband and make sure you're on the right audio driver and that your input is the correct one and disable the rest inputs leaving output as your main speakers or headphones whatever you use. Generally USB mics have unbalanced connections which pick a lot of background noise + latency issues but it shouldn't be as bad as you're describing it. Think you just got your inputs/outputs set incorrectly.[DOUBLEPOST=1416608089,1416607694][/DOUBLEPOST]I think a long time ago i had an issue when i was selecting my input as stereo and not mono cuz i didn't understand wtf i was doing and thought it should be stereo but that input was giving me a background noise switiching to mono resolved it which should be mono anyways for recording vocals cuz you're using 1 mic should make sense lol
thankS!!!! it worked !

Reactions: AlexGotBeats

Kath

True Wub :wub:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Moved this here for you :)
Also, I changed the title to Resolved.