Requesting A Brutal Review From Everyone

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey guys, this is my first ever vlog, if it is in fact one. It's kind of my interpretation on a vlog. Please watch and give me the truth about it. Just keep in mind it's the first one I've ever done. I had this idea a while ago and wanted to do it mostly just to add a new video. Please tell me anything you like about it, too, not just what you hate, OK? Awesome thanks. :) Also, would something like this be appropriate for Fireviews or Growsocials? Since it's just about my channel and videos, I don't really think it is. Thanks.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
rofl I usually avoid this forum but I will say something in this thread

I usually dont like vlogs because they are just about you know "well today I got up and i dont really know what to say and uh .. " but yours was nice and I could actually watch it haha

my two comments are well one of the things I have issues with as well

1) sound - white noise needs to be edited out. I have an issue with it when I do voice morphs it creates artifacts that can't be removed but this white noise looks removable.

2) editing errors are what we call them in other places are there are two cuts with a flash and a black frame

apart from that is was a really nice video and I enjoyed watching it . :)

(will return to review another video in about 30 days haha)

Reactions: TimBarnumComedy

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
rofl I usually avoid this forum but I will say something in this thread

I usually dont like vlogs because they are just about you know "well today I got up and i dont really know what to say and uh .. " but yours was nice and I could actually watch it haha

my two comments are well one of the things I have issues with as well

1) sound - white noise needs to be edited out. I have an issue with it when I do voice morphs it creates artifacts that can't be removed but this white noise looks removable.

2) editing errors are what we call them in other places are there are two cuts with a flash and a black frame

apart from that is was a really nice video and I enjoyed watching it . :)

(will return to review another video in about 30 days haha)
I have that white noise issue in all my vids. I don't have a mic set up, just what's on my camera. Do you have any tips on getting rid of them? On the black frame issue, should I just change tot he next cut without putting them in? I have to edit because I lose my train of thought sometimes.

Anyways, I don't watch a lot of vlogs, either, so I tried to change it up. Glad you liked it!

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I have that white noise issue in all my vids. I don't have a mic set up, just what's on my camera. Do you have any tips on getting rid of them? On the black frame issue, should I just change tot he next cut without putting them in? I have to edit because I lose my train of thought sometimes.

Anyways, I don't watch a lot of vlogs, either, so I tried to change it up. Glad you liked it!
for the sound you need to seperate it from the video and clean it and then recombine. For that you need audio editing software and there is a freebie out that is pretty good I think its called audacity. Then of course you need video editing software to resync it. I am not sure how your editing your videos if your using the youtube editor this may be beyond its scope haha. This is why I tend not to do reviews because I need to assume people have the basic software at their fingertips. Anyhow to clean the audio you seperate it from the video and then there is "noise reduction" filters where you select a piece of video with no talking in it to get a baseline and then process the voice recording. The clips black frames I am not sure why they are there perhaps when you did a cut you cut half way into a frame. Of course its possible that even removing this 1/2 frame that you would get a jump so it might not be worth the bother lol.

The sound is easily fixed if you download audacity and there are lots of youtube tutorials on how to clean sound up. If I find one that is decent I can post it.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I use iMovie to edit my videos. I have audacity already. Looks like I just have to do a little research on how to use it! Gracias.
ah okay here i found a video I didnt watch it my head is pounding from sinus headache allergies but the principle is the same no matter how borring the tutorial lol

and your welcome head hurts not reading full sentances :)