Request for Video Review(s)

Rowan Oakley

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi all,

I've just put up a storytelling video in a new style. Please can you tell me what you think?

Video:

Any feedback would be useful, but I am particularly interested in:

- What do you think of the intro and outro videos? I've aimed at making intros and outros that look less 'off the shelf', since previously I'd been making very straightforward ones with a plain-coloured background and a fairly standard font, along with fade ins/fade outs. Which, like I say, look very off-the-shelf to me, so I've tried going the extra mile. Do you think they look okay? I was also thinking of varying them a bit by using different videos for the backgrounds and writing a different blurb for each outro (the second set of writing). Does that sound like a good idea?
- I've added music and sound-effects. The timing and placements sound natural to me, but then again, I don't have fresh ears for them any more because I'm the one who spent ages diddling around with them. Do they sound natural to you?

Thanks in advance!

spektronomy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
GOD girl your voice reminds me of Alice Liddel's VA soo much sometimes.

But anyways, the video overall is really amazing, I like the well-timed pauses and your pace, the changes of the tone. I also really like the music in it, I think it contributes to that story pace really well, along with those sound effects(which do sound natural, let me tell you). About the intros and outros, they're okay. I never felt to have a need for any kind of tose things, whether I record something or I watch something, but they make a nice opening and closing to a video. What I wasn't so fond of was the shape of the title box, but that's purely visual, as long as you like it, it's alright.

So yeah, good job!

Rowan Oakley

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What I wasn't so fond of was the shape of the title box, but that's purely visual, as long as you like it, it's alright.
Thanks!

*Googles Alice Liddell*

Could you clarify what you don't like about the shape of the title box?

spektronomy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks!

*Googles Alice Liddell*

Could you clarify what you don't like about the shape of the title box?
(I meant the one from American Mcgee's game btw)

Oh it's nothing serious, I guess it just doesn't suit my personal taste :^ aka I would do it differently