[REQUEST FOR HELP] Facecam Videos?

Joshua Severi

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Can anyone tell me the most efficient way to record Facecam videos? I currently want to set it up in X-Split but is there a better way? Someone help me please! :p

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I probably do it the harder way, but I just record myself with my camera and then sync it up with my audio haha.

Joshua Severi

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I probably do it the harder way, but I just record myself with my camera and then sync it up with my audio haha.
hmm. yea it sounds harder that way. what i was really wanting to do it get a second moniter for my birthday in like a month and a half and then have one of the screens for recording and the other for actually gaming.

Daniel

YTtalk's Juicy Lemon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use Windows Movie Maker to record my webcam for facecam which I then sync up to the gameplay using sony vegas. :)

obscurimity

YTT's Tanager
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
First off, from my own personal experience, and a lot of my LP buddies- facecam is a bad idea.
It makes you seem egotistical, and just blocks the gameplay.
I only made one series with facecam and my fans liked the series, but asked me to remove facecam in future videos.

If you'd like to use it anyway, simply record yourself with moviemaker using its webcam option, and then play the game, recording with whatever you usually record with.
By using the audio from the commentary, and the audio from the facecam, you can sync the audio. Then, using your editing software, you can put your facecam in the corner and disable the audio track for it.

Joshua Severi

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
First off, from my own personal experience, and a lot of my LP buddies- facecam is a bad idea.
It makes you seem egotistical, and just blocks the gameplay.
I only made one series with facecam and my fans liked the series, but asked me to remove facecam in future videos.

If you'd like to use it anyway, simply record yourself with moviemaker using its webcam option, and then play the game, recording with whatever you usually record with.
By using the audio from the commentary, and the audio from the facecam, you can sync the audio. Then, using your editing software, you can put your facecam in the corner and disable the audio track for it.
i would probably only use it for like minecraft, slender, and stuff that could get a reaction out of me. not 100% sure yet but thats my plan.

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
i would probably only use it for like minecraft, slender, and stuff that could get a reaction out of me. not 100% sure yet but thats my plan.
In my opinion, I wouldn't really use it for Minecraft. I don't see the point in that :confused: I think facecams are only good for horror games, that way you can see your reaction. But for normal games there really isn't any reaction. It would just be you sitting there.

obscurimity

YTT's Tanager
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Well, that's everyone's plan when they use facecam. I did so with Amnesia. The problem is, it just takes up space, because 99% of the time you're not scared and you just have the blank expression gamers tend to have when they're...gaming. Your voice should convey the reaction.

Joshua Severi

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
In my opinion, I wouldn't really use it for Minecraft. I don't see the point in that :confused: I think facecams are only good for horror games, that way you can see your reaction. But for normal games there really isn't any reaction. It would just be you sitting there.
alright. thanks for the feedback!