Replying to commenters: a genuine way to interact with viewers or a ploy to get more comments?

aviectus

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
replying to the comments with a simple "thank you" is not bad
but i cant tell if this boosts the ranks on your video. and i don't believe it works like on a simple forum, the more replies the thread has, more "publicity" gets

allisonmacd

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know...it just seems rude to not reply to comments. I like the interaction and I like making the viewing experience seem more personal for the people that give me 3-4 minutes of their time every week.
Granted, I don't get *that* many commenters, so it's relatively easy to take the time to reply, but yeah.
I myself am always much more inclined to comment on videos if I see that the channel owner replies on occasion.

Reactions: Geoff

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I don't know...it just seems rude to not reply to comments. I like the interaction and I like making the viewing experience seem more personal for the people that give me 3-4 minutes of their time every week.
Granted, I don't get *that* many commenters, so it's relatively easy to take the time to reply, but yeah.
I myself am always much more inclined to comment on videos if I see that the channel owner replies on occasion.
true lol i think this is true until your like epic erb or rwj lol 50 comments a second XD

AnnaLovesVlogging

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I reply to every comment. If I don't have anything meaningful to add, I just thank them for watching and commenting. It's just nice! If you don't reply, it's like you're ignoring them.