Replies to comments disappearing on my OWN channel?

Reaction score
Hi there, I run a channel on a slightly controversial topic of approaching and meeting women during the day, for someone who has never done it before.

I often get trolls etc and I put them firmly in they're place, with long, well thought out and often condescending replies. I post a reply, it shows up underneath the comment. I then reload the page and my comment has disappeared. I check in the spam folder and it is not there.

I wondered if the person to whom I replied had reported the comment, so I ran a test where I reported a comment several times and it didn't disappear.

So it can't be that.

I have posted this in the YouTube community forum and received no help. I can't find any way to contact YouTube tech support.

This issue seems to happen to every other damn comment.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi, welcome to the forum & congrats on 1st post. Never experienced this, but there must be an explanation, we just don't have the knowledge of it. Hope someone here chips in. Are you replies considered dangerous? Like bullying, insulting? Maybe show an example: make it easy to find your channel, put a link under name(age) as seen under mine to the LEFT of this msg - read my signature on HOW TO below this msg

Reactions: AmberAndGolden
Reaction score
"are you considered dangerous"

yes.

But why would that make my replies to comments vanish right after posting? Even if I post 12 comments they all self delete after a few seconds. I have looked in my spam folder and they are not there.

This is an example of a reply I posted

"You are a f*****g hypocrite. 1.Why should other other men talk to women but not I? 2. You are a lesbian, which in itself is unnatural, you you can't possibly judge a man pursing women (which is completely normal). Watch this video and tell me what makes him allowed to talk to women but not me. Also, watch the very video you are COMMENTING ON and see whether she wanted me to talk to her or not. YOU DUMB f*****g ***** b***h. "

But even if it was reported, it wouldn't be right after posting it.

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
But even if it was reported, it wouldn't be right after posting it.
It's probably automated modding by Youtube itself across the whole site based on certain words. In that case, it wouldn't make any difference that it's the channel owner making the comment.

Reaction score
It's probably automated modding by Youtube itself across the whole site based on certain words. In that case, it wouldn't make any difference that it's the channel owner making the comment.
I don't get it though, I've seen all sorts of rants and swear words in YouTube comments. I'm sure I've made comments without even any swear words in them and they've also disappeared. And then I've made comments with swear words in them which haven't disappeared.

It seems very random and haphazard as to what will go missing and what won't.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I don't get it though, I've seen all sorts of rants and swear words in YouTube comments. I'm sure I've made comments without even any swear words in them and they've also disappeared. And then I've made comments with swear words in them which haven't disappeared.

It seems very random and haphazard as to what will go missing and what won't.

It could be that enough of your past comments have been flagged / reported and so now, they're all getting ghosted or maybe just the ones with cursing. That could be temporary or permanent.

2 things you can test:

1) Make a normal (no cursing) reply to someone on your channel.
2) Make a normal comment elsewhere on Youtube.

See what happens to both comments.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
"You are a f*****g hypocrite. 1.Why should other other men talk to women but not I? 2. You are a lesbian, which in itself is unnatural, you you can't possibly judge a man pursing women (which is completely normal). Watch this video and tell me what makes him allowed to talk to women but not me. Also, watch the very video you are COMMENTING ON and see whether she wanted me to talk to her or not. YOU DUMB f*****g ***** b***h. "
Yeah my advice would be to not make such comments in the first place, just ignore the trolls. IMHO it will only hurt you toengage in that in the long run.

Lamron

Reaction score
Well thought out? That did not look well thought out at all. You just asked rhetorical questions you didn't answer in any way, and you just called them names. I mean maybe you were actually right about what you were saying I mean I don’t know, but regardless, the language you used was incredibly rude and unnecessary. I mean on top of it you're speaking to a woman, I mean us men are supposed to show restraint around women because we're stronger and they get their feelings hurt, you should really be nicer than that to girls especially. If you really thought it out well like you say, you'd let your logic speak for itself because name calling contributes absolutely nothing to an argument, it actually makes it worse and makes people less likely to agree with you. And you do care whether they agree or not, otherwise you wouldn't even be replying. I don't think your comments should be deleted though. Everyone should be able to see an example of how not to engage in a productive conversation, and how to totally shut down any chance of a good dialogue. You really might've made someone change their mind if you hadn't had done that.

Reactions: LandyVlad
Reaction score
Well thought out? That did not look well thought out at all. You just asked rhetorical questions you didn't answer in any way, and you just called them names. I mean maybe you were actually right about what you were saying I mean I don’t know, but regardless, the language you used was incredibly rude and unnecessary. I mean on top of it you're speaking to a woman, I mean us men are supposed to show restraint around women because we're stronger and they get their feelings hurt, you should really be nicer than that to girls especially. If you really thought it out well like you say, you'd let your logic speak for itself because name calling contributes absolutely nothing to an argument, it actually makes it worse and makes people less likely to agree with you. And you do care whether they agree or not, otherwise you wouldn't even be replying. I don't think your comments should be deleted though. Everyone should be able to see an example of how not to engage in a productive conversation, and how to totally shut down any chance of a good dialogue. You really might've made someone change their mind if you hadn't had done that.
I know it was a bit "emotionally charged" let's say, but when rage befalls me I simply cannot hold back. I believe the "better" versions of my comments must have kept disappearing which probably contained less aggression. And trust me, whoever those females were commenting, they deserved it, Evil creatures they are, truly evil. I don't expect you to understand.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I know it was a bit "emotionally charged" let's say, but when rage befalls me I simply cannot hold back. I believe the "better" versions of my comments must have kept disappearing which probably contained less aggression. And trust me, whoever those females were commenting, they deserved it, Evil creatures they are, truly evil. I don't expect you to understand.
A BIT ? No I'd describe that as extreme.
"Emotionally charged"? I think the word you are actually looking for is "aggressive".

You simply CAN hold back when 'rage' befalls you, that is a CHOICE.
If you really can't, then perhaps those commenting on your video may actually have a point.

And these people (specifically women apparently) you've never met but they are evil, truly evil?

Perhaps it's your attitude to women in general that needs some personal reflection.

It's evident you have a lot of anger in you, and people are most certainly picking up on that !

Self reflection is a necessary, but essential, element of every good person's life.

Try that, and next time you feel the RAGE just walk away and come back to it another day once you have (hopefully) calmed down a bit.

Or disable comments on your video entirely.

TL;DR - do the opposite of everything you are currently doing.