Replacements for Windows Movie Maker?

JLD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, I've been using windows movie maker for a long time and feel as if I should go for a more professional and higher quality editing software. If you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated- I use the split tool a lot and would rather a replacement which is free!

Reactions: Dnetg

LaZzy Ghost

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hitfilm is a good video editor. it has a lot of tools and is free.

ItsMeRay

Hey there, Ray here!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Personally, I use Sony Vegas Pro and it is a pretty good and simple editing tool to use. As for it being free, you can always try and get a cracked download. Those can be found somewhere on the YouTubes.

MickyLee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use Hitfilm 4 Express. It's free and its amazingly powerful. They have their own YouTube channel too which offers tutorials. You can also use special effects which is really nice.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I went from Movie Maker to PowerDirector and it was an easy transition. You'll be able to do so much more!

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use VideoPad, for a basic editor it's great and does everything I need

JLD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally, I use Sony Vegas Pro and it is a pretty good and simple editing tool to use. As for it being free, you can always try and get a cracked download. Those can be found somewhere on the YouTubes.
I was thinking about that- I'm going to look at some other suggested free ones first though![DOUBLEPOST=1503692675,1503692527][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use Hitfilm 4 Express. It's free and its amazingly powerful. They have their own YouTube channel too which offers tutorials. You can also use special effects which is really nice.
I'm going to try this it looks very good- thanks!