Render while you edit!

GamersName

String_not_found
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Actually it does as rendering using GPU puts a lot more stress on Your CPU. You still need to have a decent CPU tho :p I have an i7-4790k so I can render and do other stuff no problems :)
You missed the point, everyone can do that, fact is that doing other stuff increases render time, that's what the talk is about :)

ZombieBrain

Always hungry!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Of course it does. But if You utilize Your cuda cores for the rendering it'll be significantly less noticeable.

SoleilTech

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Correct me if wrong everyone but if using Premiere to render/export, you can't edit while doing that unless you have a another computer set up and use one to render? Could be wrong but yes, would be extremely useful to edit while everything else renders!
Actually, if you have Adobe Premiere you can also download Media Encoder CC, which allows you to render your videos in this separate program while editing in Premiere Pro.

Luceroboy

LooseArrowBoy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
I don't usually do anything when my computer renders a video with my specs:
Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GH
MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit

I would suggest using the batch render option in vegas instead. So you have a queue of videos being rendered. They have to be part of the same project and you split them into separate render sections.

So edit to your content and then when you leave have it set to render them all.

ZombieBrain

Always hungry!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't usually do anything when my computer renders a video with my specs:
Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GH
MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit

I would suggest using the batch render option in vegas instead. So you have a queue of videos being rendered. They have to be part of the same project and you split them into separate render sections.

So edit to your content and then when you leave have it set to render them all.
You can do it in Premiere Pro too... just need to add videos to queue in Adobe Media Encoder.

It'sDumi

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I can edit while I render a video. I use premiere to edit and adobe encoder to render, allowing me to go back on premiere and edit something else. However! If I'm rendering a large project or even a medium scaled project, premiere pro will practically be pointless for editing. I only have 8gb ram but If I increased it, it would be a lot better. It's cool because with encoder you can allocate how much ram you want to rendering and how much you want left over for other programs.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I have done that a few times,
It can be quite handy.

Palidor

The Palidor Project
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I can edit while I render a video. I use premiere to edit and adobe encoder to render, allowing me to go back on premiere and edit something else. However! If I'm rendering a large project or even a medium scaled project, premiere pro will practically be pointless for editing. I only have 8gb ram but If I increased it, it would be a lot better. It's cool because with encoder you can allocate how much ram you want to rendering and how much you want left over for other programs.
I have 16gb of DDR4 and my CPU will be at 100% before I get close to 100% ram. Rendering is more CPU based

Reactions: ZombieBrain

BossKnight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My apologize, I didn't read every post. Premiere Pro has the Queue, I don't use it that often but I need to start using it. It's a good idea, Giddyfish, especially for gamers that do series. I usually record 3 episodes at a time so if I could get all three edited and rendered quicker then that would be a stress reliever.