Render while you edit!

GamersName

String_not_found
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Doing both on same machine increases render time significantly, even if it is 12 core cpu cylinder box that costs 12k grand.

Reactions: Palidor

Giddyfish

SAAAAAAAAAARCASM!
Reaction score
Doing both on same machine increases render time significantly, even if it is 12 core cpu cylinder box that costs 12k grand.
Really? I didn't notice this. Does this apply even if you were to only OPEN the second window of your editing software?

GamersName

String_not_found
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Really? I didn't notice this. Does this apply even if you were to only OPEN the second window of your editing software?
Yes, definitely. Whatever else you open on pc while rendering, it uses cpu and ram and that has an impact on it's time.

Giddyfish

SAAAAAAAAAARCASM!
Reaction score
Yes, definitely. Whatever else you open on pc while rendering, it uses cpu and ram and that has an impact on it's time.
I didn't know this was the case for two editing softwares open, thanks for the info! :)

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
there's no way I'm touching my computer with a barge pole while its rendering haha, (it crashes quite often while im just drawing anyways)
but I would totally do that if I could :)

Reactions: Giddyfish

Palidor

The Palidor Project
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
100% Correct. Programs like Media Encoder and even programs like Handbrake tend to run the CPU as tough as they can to make the time it takes quicker. You can edit at the same time but all you are doing is slowing it down. Better to do a whole heap of editing then line them up in Media Encoder and render them at the end after you have completed everything that you need to do on the computer. I have one of the new 6 Cores and while Handbrake or Media Encoder is running even my CPU pushes the 90% mark

ZombieBrain

Always hungry!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not if You can use CUDA cores to help with the rendering process. Don't know how it is with Sony Vegas but in Premiere Pro You can use Your GPU (if You have a good NVIDIA card) to speed up rendering. If not, You can always queue up your edits in media encoder and encode overnight :)

GamersName

String_not_found
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not if You can use CUDA cores to help with the rendering process. Don't know how it is with Sony Vegas but in Premiere Pro You can use Your GPU (if You have a good NVIDIA card) to speed up rendering. If not, You can always queue up your edits in media encoder and encode overnight :)
Yes, i'm using cuda cores too to decrease render time, though that won't help to multi-task like original thread maker wants pc to behave :)

ZombieBrain

Always hungry!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes, i'm using cuda cores too to decrease render time, though that won't help to multi-task like original thread maker wants pc to behave :)
Actually it does as rendering using GPU puts a lot more stress on Your CPU. You still need to have a decent CPU tho :p I have an i7-4790k so I can render and do other stuff no problems :)