Render while you edit!

Giddyfish

SAAAAAAAAAARCASM!
Reaction score
Or edit while you render, whichever way you want to put it :)

I feel as though it would save time if, while you were rendering a video, you started editing another one! Especially if the rendering process takes hours, that way you won't have to sit and wait for it to finish!

I thought this idea up just then so I'm not sure whether it would cause any issues but I wouldn't think so!

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Correct me if wrong everyone but if using Premiere to render/export, you can't edit while doing that unless you have a another computer set up and use one to render? Could be wrong but yes, would be extremely useful to edit while everything else renders!

Reactions: Giddyfish

Giddyfish

SAAAAAAAAAARCASM!
Reaction score
Correct me if wrong everyone but if using Premiere to render/export, you can't edit while doing that unless you have a another computer set up and use one to render? Could be wrong but yes, would be extremely useful to edit while everything else renders!
It was mainly addressed to Sony Vegas users, but yeah, I should have looked into whether it works with other softwares or not :)

Reactions: MattyGreen

Ninja

Professional Funny Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I tend to have two instances of Vegas open one to render and one to edit, glad other people have the same idea!

Giddyfish

SAAAAAAAAAARCASM!
Reaction score
If you work with Adobe Premiere you can export with Adobe Media Encoder which allows you to continue using Premiere.
So you can do it with Premiere? Good to know! That's more people who are able to use this handy trick then! :D