Removing profiles from Fireviews to maximize views on an other

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
As I've mentioned a few times in recent days, I plan on submitting my next video, which is totally different than anything else on my channel, for monetization. I'm thinking about removing my other profiles from Fireviews, so all my views are directed at my monetized video (if it's approved). Is this a smart move?

Merci

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I wouldnt have Adsense on any video that is going to be getting traffic from external sources, I try and stay cautious about things like this myself. Some will say go ahead etc but I honestly think it is a risk that only you can decide whether to take or not.

TheSmokingAndroid

Always Android Always Useful
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
So you guys are recommending against monetizing video's that you will use Fireviews with?

I thought the found said there have never been any reported problems?

TheSmokingAndroid

Always Android Always Useful
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
<p>
No, I put my partnered channel's videos on it...and I have had no problems!
</p>
<p><br /></p>
<p>oh ok! good to know, i'm gunna head over there to try it out right now! cheers</p>--- merged: Apr 27, 2012 8:59 PM ---<p>have you noticed an increase in views?</p>

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
<p></p>
<p><br /></p>
<p>oh ok! good to know, i'm gunna head over there to try it out right now! cheers</p>--- merged: Apr 27, 2012 8:59 PM ---<p>have you noticed an increase in views?</p>
Yeah, no problem!, and yes I have noticed an increase + traffic from fireviews.com!

Fireviews

Reaction score
Hi again!
Fireviews founder here. Just thought I should jump in on this topic.
You are correct that removing your other profiles on Fireviews will direct all your views to your remaining profile. It is also perfectly safe to promote a Youtube Partnership video on Fireviews.
However, based on my experience with Youtube and seeing how well Youtubers' different strategies work, I would actually recommend that you don't try to focus all your traffic on one specific video. In my opinion, it's best to promote your entire channel as a whole. That way you will gain loyal subscribers, and real fans. And those are the things that get you the most views in the long term.
When you focus on getting a single video viewed, most people will view it once and never return to your channel. But when you promote yourself and your channel, and show people everything that you have to offer, they will usually subscribe and return every time you upload a new video.
Of course this is a generalization and it will always depend on the type of videos you have, but I've worked with a lot of Youtubers since I started Fireviews, and this definitely seems to be the best way to go.
But on the other hand, sometimes if you have a viral video, all you need is one quick boost to rocket it into viral-video land. 100 views could quickly turn into 1000 and then 1,000,000 on Youtube. But you never really know. So if you think your video has the potential to go viral quickly, promoting just that video on Fireviews could be a great idea. Otherwise you should promote your whole channel.

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi again!
Fireviews founder here. Just thought I should jump in on this topic.
You are correct that removing your other profiles on Fireviews will direct all your views to your remaining profile. It is also perfectly safe to promote a Youtube Partnership video on Fireviews.
However, based on my experience with Youtube and seeing how well Youtubers' different strategies work, I would actually recommend that you don't try to focus all your traffic on one specific video. In my opinion, it's best to promote your entire channel as a whole. That way you will gain loyal subscribers, and real fans. And those are the things that get you the most views in the long term.
When you focus on getting a single video viewed, most people will view it once and never return to your channel. But when you promote yourself and your channel, and show people everything that you have to offer, they will usually subscribe and return every time you upload a new video.
Of course this is a generalization and it will always depend on the type of videos you have, but I've worked with a lot of Youtubers since I started Fireviews, and this definitely seems to be the best way to go.
But on the other hand, sometimes if you have a viral video, all you need is one quick boost to rocket it into viral-video land. 100 views could quickly turn into 1000 and then 1,000,000 on Youtube. But you never really know. So if you think your video has the potential to go viral quickly, promoting just that video on Fireviews could be a great idea. Otherwise you should promote your whole channel.
Yeah I've been thinking about that too. I definitely want more subscribers and name recognition. I think I'll put up one or two other ones after I get all the kinks worked out in my new video, which is going to be the first in a new series of videos I'm doing. I'll definitely leave this one up when I record more for the series. Thanks.