Removing keyboard sounds in sound recording? / Davinci resolve

KennyT

Reaction score
So a recent recording i have as a lot of keyboard sounds in it, although i have managed to resolve the issue,

this was due to the settings in the microphone, basically my setup was far away from my mouth and at 100% volume so it would pick up everything around me, i have solved this by keeping it closer to my mouth but with the volume at 60. which removed basically every little sound, anyway the question is,

can i salvage this old recording that still has the keyboard sounds so it can be usable in a video?

I'm Using Davinci resolve, i tried:
- Using the auto-speech Noise Reduction, i will try to edit it using a audio sample of the room noise today so i will post results later.
- Messed around in Fairlight but still nothing.

Or is there any other program that i can try that will give me better results? free preferably .

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Keyboard noises are mostly higher-pitched. If you have a very low-pitch, bass-like voice, you could reduce the keyboard noises by muting some of the higher frequencies. It will make your voice sound less colorful and dynamic, but it can work. If you have a higher voice, you probably can't fix the recording with editing unless you only typed during parts you weren't talking. If that happened, you can mute the quiet parts, otherwise, it'd sound the best if you re-record the voice part... :/ However, YouTube has a gigantic learning curve, and I don't think most viewers would be bothered by keyboard noises. :)

Reactions: KennyT

KennyT

Reaction score
Keyboard noises are mostly higher-pitched. If you have a very low-pitch, bass-like voice, you could reduce the keyboard noises by muting some of the higher frequencies. It will make your voice sound less colorful and dynamic, but it can work. If you have a higher voice, you probably can't fix the recording with editing unless you only typed during parts you weren't talking. If that happened, you can mute the quiet parts, otherwise, it'd sound the best if you re-record the voice part... :/ However, YouTube has a gigantic learning curve, and I don't think most viewers would be bothered by keyboard noises. :)
Thanks for the reply, i will try that and see how it sounds, i have been editing out the noises but sometimes, like you said, it can be heard when i'm talking. Re-recording its hard since i won't have the same experience of playing the game for the first time. I will probably wait it out and record the game again once i forget how it was to play it or as always i will try to edit out as much as possible.

Edit: i tried using the sample method which made the sounds a little softer i guess, but i can still ear them.