Remixes of songs

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was browsing around and saw that you need permission of every song you use in your videos - now I use allot of remixes of songs (let's say 'Coldplay - Sky Full Of Stars (Dropwizz Remix)'), does this mean all of my videos could be blocked because I haven't asked permission to use this songs and possibly my account could be terminated?
And someone said that you could even get sued, if so, I'll remove all my videos.

Thanks.

~ZERO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

I was browsing around and saw that you need permission of every song you use in your videos - now I use allot of remixes of songs (let's say 'Coldplay - Sky Full Of Stars (Dropwizz Remix)'), does this mean all of my videos could be blocked because I haven't asked permission to use this songs and possibly my account could be terminated?
And someone said that you could even get sued, if so, I'll remove all my videos.

Thanks.
Yes and Youtube will sue you. My channel got banned cause of this. I had multiple videos blocked but no strikes.
My channel was youtube.com/nightcorecritical

Reaction score
Yes and Youtube will sue you. My channel got banned cause of this. I had multiple videos blocked but no strikes.
My channel was youtube.com/nightcorecritical
Do they really sue you?
What if I give the song creators full credit in the description?

~ZERO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do they really sue you?
What if I give the song creators full credit in the description?
I also thought the same thing. I did the fair use thingy, then gave proper credits to artist and labels and then I said in description that if you think I am copyrighting then just send me a email and I will delete but those lazy a** just banned me!
And I wasted so much time on that channel too :'(