Remember Why You Are a YouTuber

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
lol I've only been uploading for the last 3 weeks, and am already kind of upset with my first video (and most viewed). It's quite a miracle what a mic can do.
Audio makes all the difference. In all of my initial videos I relied on the built in camera mic. As a result the audio is terrible.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Even though I uploaded my first video to YouTube a few years ago, I've only been actively uploading videos to YouTube for the last year or so.

I have, however, been an active YouTuber viewer for several years and I continue to watch hours of YouTube videosmost days. The funny thing is that once you become a YouTuber yourself you do start paying attention to statistics more.

Before I would just watch a video. Now I watch a video and always notice the number of subscribers that the YouTuber has and how many views that particular video has.

I regularly come across videos and think "How the hell did that video get so many views?".

I came across a video that other day that was a short clip from an old UK comedy show. Not only had the uploader uploaded illegal content, he hadn't even uploaded it correctly. He had simply held his phone up and recorded the television from a distance. Despite the audio and video quality being terrible, the video had over a million views.

It's crazy when you think that someone took two minutes to record a video of a TV show from their phone and they have managed to generate more views than hard working YouTubers who have been working hard for years.

Of course, it is important to put these kind of things into perspective and remember why you started uploading videos to YouTube in the first place.

As YouTubers we aren't just looking to upload illegal content in the hope of getting a quick buck. We are trying to grow our audience, connect with people, and improve our video production and editing skills.

Don't be too disheartened if your channel isn't growing at the rate you want or if you are growth is slowing down. Take a step back, take an objective view of your channel, and look at how you can change things up.

As long as your channel is heading in the right direction, everything will work out OK. You may not realise it, but every day you are learning new skills and improving the quality of your videos.

If you don't believe me, take a look at the first videos you ever uploaded to YouTube. Chances are you are going to cringe at how bad they are. That just highlights how far you have come so far. :)

Good luck.

Kevin
Beautiful post to read :) thanks mate you have opened my eyes a bit today. Go to sleep tonight knowing you have made an impact on me today :D

Reactions: Kevin Muldoon

BanterDays

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great words! I use YouTube to help further my skills in editing but the main reason is to show of the fun and banter my mates and I get up to on a daily base. Ever since we decided to sit the go pro around us while we do stupid things it has made life much more enjoyable knowing we get to re visit such memories we could only once talk about.

Reactions: Kevin Muldoon