Releasing 2 video close? or wait?

Jonesy-Gaming

Hi everyone

I was just on vacation and I normally do patch notes videos for a game called ARK Survival.
While I was away, there was 2 patches released and last night I made a video for each patch.

I was in a dilemma, because the video 1 patch notes was about a week old and the other one only a day.
I want to release them in the right order. If I wait to long, maybe the "newest" video is going to be too "old" and other YT will take the "spotlight" for that patch. If I release them too close, do I miss out the views from my own subscribers? because they mainly would see the newest video I made?

I released them with 2 hours a part.. It seems like the first one suffer from the other one being released?

XYgOEo5.png

Should I have waited a few more hours until the first video settled or did I chose right?
The number 2 video "newest" is doing ok atm, could be better..

Don`t know about gaming, maybe you need to be as fast as possible with uploads to keep it fresh. But for me, I found out that it is better to give some time before uploading another video. Before I was uploading every 2-3 days, now I set it up one video per week! Maybe that is a too big gap, but I found it good for at least one week to give free space for viewers. So definitely as you noticed, maybe you should give it at least one day difference between uploads.

You should have waited. The second upload devoured your first upload, taking over most of the view/watch time velocity for that 24 hour period. You don't want your first upload to lose momentum if the views are pouring in. Wait 15-24 hours between each upload.

Last edited:
Am gonna do 1 video each day,i think 1 day is enough for a video to get the amount of exposure it needs from my daily viewers.I have also chosen my best upload time as the time i will upload my videos on will see how this experiment goes.So best advice i can give is just find out your best upload time and also think about your content if your videos are longer than 10 minutes probably best to upload only single a day but if lower i think subscribers would want a lot more.

Back