Relaunching a channel

voteforthegirls

Ava Zinn
Reaction score
Website
voteforthegirls.avazinn.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
What exactly is your question @voteforthegirls?
As the owner of Vote for the Girls YouTube channel, I’listening to feedback and complaints on our channel. People don't like the moderator panel. They don't like the format.

Yet we want to keep the objective for our channel: to get votes for female contestants to win shows like American Idol and The Voice while at the same time eliminate all the male contestants. We're considering posting a post-competition reward for victory and punishment for failure. Our channel has been around since 2012 although it was founded at 10:00 PM Eastern April 28, 2010.

Here’s a video of my channel’s review:

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Title & thumbnail design is definitely very important. I use photoshop which is complicated to learn, but worth it in the long run as you can save a lot of layers from previous designs & implement them into future thumbnails at a click of a button.

Reactions: voteforthegirls

voteforthegirls

Ava Zinn
Reaction score
Website
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’ve watched ChannelReview’s assessment three times already and already devastating. Clearly something is not working.

Having to work with what is available and deadlines to meet have made it complicated so far.

Keep in mind I was trying to get help and support from users of Idolforums and TubeBuddy’s forums, yet some people hate the format or hate me altogether. If what I’m suspecting is true, then it could be bad news.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yes YouTube can feel extremely complicated if you try to improve on many fronts at the same time, try improving the easiest first = titles, can easily change existing ones, the assessment video mentions examples.

voteforthegirls

Ava Zinn
Reaction score
Website
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’ve recently updated the channel art and keywords on the channel. One person on TubeBuddy Forums stated I have three year old videos with less than 100 views that need work and lots of it.

SEO is a complete joke IMO (in my opinion). I just wish there was an easier tool or software I can use that does not cost me a lot.

voteforthegirls

Ava Zinn
Reaction score
Website
Channel Type
Youtuber
Additionally, after reviewing the ChannelReview's assessment and discussing the video with my staff (moderators/villains), it does appear that I will need to invest heavily in upgraded equipment like a better camera, lighting, and to a lesser extent, an external TV card.

I have no idea what DLSR is but one of the recommendations is a ring light that I saw last year on "American Idol".

Another suggestion that one of my moderators suggested was renting office space. Quickly dismissed the idea since it would not be feasible.

Yet as far as the format of the full episode for the potential relaunch would be for the live shows would be Performances (which are never shown on Vote for the Girls), the Moderators' Challenge, and Results.