Rejected For Partner Program Twice! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliaslonnroth

Reaction score
Hey, I was just rejected for the youtube partner program for the second time yesterday. Meaning I have to wait at least 3 months+...

Reason: ''Redirection''
''Content intended to drive viewers off of YouTube and onto another site.''

And I don't know why. I was hoping I could get some support from anybody, as like anybody else, this is important to me.

Here's my channel in case you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheEliasthai/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid&view_as=subscriber

I have gone through all of my videos after the first rejection and I'm sure that my videos can be monetized.

I have original commentary, I don't promise the users that they will get rich quick, I don't link to any malware sites, I don't spam keywords, I have sworn in like 3 videos, I provide what the title says even though it might be a bit clickbait (but hey, everyone needs a bit), I don't have repetitious content, there are a bunch of other channels doing the exact same type of videos as me.

Here are some examples:

-millionaire by 21 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChel30MoJQAEGw98nN6-xHw

-Brko Banks https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZlFQEz4lacWxOCcBFA84A

-Big mark https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyv8vg5SJPRiuFO8CB8zmfg

-Branson tay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjxzZR5H3_WiIQgLMNuX0FA

I don't understand why I'm not getting approved.

MY THEORIES:

1. My most viral video (which is the result of like 90% of my total channel watch time) [REMOVED BY MOD]
This video has everything edited with commentary and non-creative common videos and photos. I haven't got a copyright strike though.
The only thing is that I included a short intro like 30 seconds which doesn't have my commentary. I think that should be fine as its just 10% of the video.

2. I have some affiliate links in the description of some of my videos. I thought this was allowed. But maybe they don't like it and also when words like ''free'', ''buy'' and ''money'' is used in the description? I also have some other links, like to a facebook group and a free course. Youtube doesn't clarify anything with their review...

I would appreciate any feedback at all. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am not affiliated with YouTube and don't have any inside information but here are some thoughts.

1. When you take away the views from your one big video (530K views), your original content only has 33K views. I suspect that if you subtract the watch-time minutes from your one viral hit, the remaining videos don't have enough watch-time minutes. Why should that matter?
2. You make a video on "How to get views and subscribers fast" but yet, you can't can't seem to successfully use your own methods on your own channel.
3. In looking at your channel, it comes across very scammy, 'get rich' schemes and such. Maybe this isn't what people are searching for or what YouTube wants to be promoted.
4. I clicked on a few of your videos and your off-site link is the top three lines in the description. YouTube isn't fond of people focusing on taking users off of their site.

Finally, it doesn't matter what other people are doing. Pointing fingers at others isn't going to help you in your situation. If anything, it's going to harm the others.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Seriously, if you were an advertiser paying good money for clicks that you want to get a return on that investment, would you want your adverts on such spammy looking "get rich quick" type content? I would not want my brand associated with it.

YouTube do not want to loose any more advertisers so they have to listen to them

eliaslonnroth

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time.
As I said, I actually say in my videos that they have to work for it.

And I'm not the only one doing this type of content. How come other channels with even more clickbaity titles like ''Earn $5 in 1 Minute'' get approved for monetization?

I'm not pointing fingers, I'm stating facts. And this type of content actually has the highest CPM on youtube, So advertisers love this type of content because they get a much larger return on investment as people are in the ''buyers mindset''.

And oh, 500k views does seem viral, so I do successfully use the methods that i teach.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Why do you need adsense monetization that pays pennies? With your daily views of 10k, you'd only earn approx $15 per day. - According to your videos, you are an expert in making money online. In one of your videos, you are teaching people how to make "$200 per DAY" You should just carry on with that. That's $6k per month Or are you saying you aren't able to do what you teach?

Here is a copy of a post I made in another thread:

This is a copy-paste from YouTube's TOS:
----------------------------

Don't post content on YouTube if it fits any of the descriptions noted below.
  • Scams: Content offering cash gifting, 'get rich quick' schemes or pyramid schemes (sending money without a tangible product in a pyramid structure).
  • Gets clicks, views or traffic off YouTube by promising users that they'll quickly make money.
Here are some examples of content that's not allowed on YouTube.

• Making exaggerated promises, such as claims that users can get rich quickly or that a miracle treatment can cure chronic illness such as cancer.

Source: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973?hl=en-GB

----------------------

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
@Crown makes a very valid point. All of your videos are about how to make money online and you are worrying about losing just a few dollars from YouTube?

Also, in your original post you said that YouTube has given you the reason of "Redirection" for not granting you monetisation.

All of your videos that I looked at do in fact seem to have the intention to drive viewers to your website. The fact that other YouTubers seem to be getting away with this is no reason to believe that you should too. I often see channels and videos that I think probably do not meet monetisation requirements, but the YouTube platform is so vast it comes as no surprise that some slip through the net.

If you want to make money through YouTube you have to play by their rules. If you can adapt your channel to meet those rules you will be in a good position to pass on some valuable lessons to your viewers in the future.

eliaslonnroth

Reaction score
Why do you need adsense monetization that pays pennies? With your daily views of 10k, you'd only earn approx $15 per day. - According to your videos, you are an expert in making money online. In one of your videos, you are teaching people how to make "$200 per DAY" You should just carry on with that. That's $6k per month Or are you saying you aren't able to do what you teach?

Here is a copy of a post I made in another thread:

This is a copy-paste from YouTube's TOS:
----------------------------

Don't post content on YouTube if it fits any of the descriptions noted below.
  • Scams: Content offering cash gifting, 'get rich quick' schemes or pyramid schemes (sending money without a tangible product in a pyramid structure).
  • Gets clicks, views or traffic off YouTube by promising users that they'll quickly make money.
Here are some examples of content that's not allowed on YouTube.

• Making exaggerated promises, such as claims that users can get rich quickly or that a miracle treatment can cure chronic illness such as cancer.

Source: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973?hl=en-GB

----------------------
A man comes up to you and says '' Hey, I want to send you an extra $1000 a month forever, for free.'' Who would be stupid enough to deny that offer? At least read what I stated in my post. I don't have any intentions of redirecting anyone to any scams or get rich quick stuff. And obviously, affiliate marketing isn't a violation of their policies. Stop wasting either of our time...

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
A man comes up to you and says '' Hey, I want to send you an extra $1000 a month forever, for free.'' Who would be stupid enough to deny that offer? At least read what I stated in my post. I don't have any intentions of redirecting anyone to any scams or get rich quick stuff. And obviously, affiliate marketing isn't a violation of their policies. Stop wasting either of our time...

You came here for advice. I gave it to you. Your channel is a text book example of the sort of content YouTube doesn't want on their platform. They are Youtube's rules not mine. Personally I don't care what you do on your channel. Go and complain to YoUtube if you don't like it.

Stop wasting either of our time...
Yeah, you're wasting our time. Thread locked.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.